Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ramblings of a stay at home mom.

I got some new "beauty products" recently. Really, they're just necessities, most call them "toiletries". But there's something luxurious to me about getting new products. It makes me feel girly, and like I'm really treating myself. I'm especially excited because I got a great deal on three of these products! The Infusium shampoo I had a coupon for $3.00 off. The conditioner had a rebate off to "try it for free"! Sent that in, so in 10-12 weeks, my $4.99 conditioner will be free! The Keri lotion, which is HUGE, I got at Costco in a 2 pack with a bonus hand lotion (I'm obsessed with hand lotion) all for $10. Now the shave gel I did have to pay full price for - $2.19.

I do have a taste for the "finer things in life" when it comes to beauty products, but that comes from the fact that I went to beauty school and worked at a spa for awhile. Things I just will not go without: Aveda Hydrating face lotion ($60...eeeek!) Aveda Foot Relief (best product out there.) And MAC make-up. I just won't compromise on my MAC make-up. It's simply the best. But I make these products last forever, because I feel guilty spending that much money on this kind of stuff.

In other news, I continue to have excellent kitchen help...


"Mom, I'm thinking this would be better at 400 degrees, and you've only got it at 350."


"Unloading the dishwasher is the funnest thing I've ever done in my life!"

And my newest "helper"...Sophie!


Before Mylo came along, she was never allowed to have human food. Now anything that "falls", more like Mylo drops, off the side of the high chair is fair game. Today I accidentally dropped a bowl of peas. Hoping upon all hope that my dog would think they were Cheerio's, I called for her. Turns out, she loves peas, and not a single one was left when she was done scouring the floor!

1 comment:

Tam said...

OKAY...have you looked at yourself? Gorgeous!!! Are you one of those women who can roll out of bed and look amazing? If so...I'm gonna have to pray about keeping this friendship going ;-)

I love short hair! Not on me...on others! You pull it off well Kate! Is it still the same style as in your about pic?

Ummm. did the peas settle well with your doggies tummy?

Why do all toddlers clime into the dishwashers? My son fell asleep in ours once. Too cute! He's 11 now and goes nowhere near the thing!