Monday, March 24, 2008

Sometimes I just don't think

If I want to start seeing all these crazy big "God" things I keep talking about, I should probably remember to PRAY when I'm faced with opportunities for God to show up!

Remember how yesterday Mylo woke up with a major FUNKY eye? Well it had started Saturday night with lots of green goop, and then by Sunday morning his eye was all puffy and red, with even more green goop coming out. Jon looked up his symptoms on the internet, and we came to the conclusion that it was either pink eye or conjunctivitis.

So I of course am running through our options in my mind...should I call the on-call doctor, is urgent care even open on Easter, should I wait until Monday, what kind of medicine will he get, etc. etc.? Then my husband, in his brilliancy, says, "we should pray for him." DUH, Kate. Why the heck didn't I even think of that?! We have so many resources here on earth, which is great, but most of the time I just plain forget that God is THE SOURCE I should be running to FIRST!

So...we prayed for him. It was short and quick, because he was fussy. "Lord, please heal Mylo and put everything back to normal with his eye in Jesus' name." I'm not even sure we got an "Amen" in. Well, guess who's eye got progressively better throughout the day, and is now completely fine today? Yep, that's right. THANK YOU LORD!!! (And thank you JON for suggesting we should pray!) Again, DUH, Kate.

"Thanks for the prayer guys! My eye feels fine now!"

No comments: