Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where'd my "cool" go?


This was the day. October 18th, 2003. I lost it. Probably gone forever. My coolness. It seems inevitable once you've found you're soulmate.

The years rolled by, and my coolness continued to disintegrate. Then this happened...







Whatever coolness I had left went right out the door the day this little guy was born.



This evening, I realized the depths of my utter un-coolness. I have had a varicose vain in my left leg forever that I am hopefully going to have surgically removed soon. My mother-in-law gave me some SWEET compression socks, which are supposed to help, but makes it hurt worse for me. We had to run a couple of errands...and I actually left the house looking like this...


Yes, I am wearing socks with sandals. Better yet, compression socks with sandals. Ok, I did have pants on over this, but I knew what a dorky move I had made. The only thing I try to find comfort in is that I do see other people wearing socks with their Crocs. It's kind of okay, right?

So marriage and motherhood had turned me into a total dork. But I guess I'm cool in other ways now. I do a mean itsy-bitsy-spider. At one point I had over 300 oz. of frozen breastmilk in my freezer. I could easily get a job being the voice for every single children's toy that talks made by Fisher-Price, Baby Einstein, etc. So I guess I'll just claim my coolness in other areas. : ) I LOVE my life. : )

1 comment:

cool mum said...

I can totally relate! I prefer to think that people like us are "redefining cool" though. =) ha Great post!