Monday, August 4, 2008

Our g-rides

Look at that garage full of g-rides! Jon's new motorcycle, Mylo's sweet Radio Flyer wagon, and of course, my Mazda Mom-Mobile.

Jon has spent the last several weeks scouring Craigs List looking for a new bike. He sold his a few weeks ago so he could upgrade to something better. Yesterday, he found THE PERFECT one. I must admit, I even like it. And if you know how I feel about my husband even having a motorcycle, the fact that I like it is a big deal. I think what I like the most about it is the AMAZING deal he found. And you know me...I'm all about the deals!

We drove about an hour out of town in hopes to get this motorcycle. There was someone else that wanted it too, but we got there first. :) Jon took it around the block and fell in love instantly. This bike is probably worth about $6,000, and we got it for $4400. The guy was asking $4500, and I'll tell you in a minute how we got $100 off.

When we first got there, this guy was an older gentleman with LOTS of health problems. He couldn't ride anymore because of this. We asked if we could pray for him, and he let us. I think that made him trust us right away! He invited us into his home where we did all the paperwork, made small talk, etc. He and his wife were SO sweet, and I think he was really glad we were ending up with his bike. He liked us so much, he grabbed $100 of the cash we gave him, and said, "You guys go out and have a nice dinner on us." Umm...how sweet is that?! Although I think what he meant to say is, "Kate, I want you to have this $100 so you can buy that BabyHawk Mei Tei carrier you want." :)

So I'm really excited about the whole transaction, and I really do think the motorcycle is pretty cool. :) But even more, I'm glad we got the opportunity to meet this man and pray for him. I hope the Lord does something miraculous in his life.

And by the way, Jon said I get the $100 for my carrier. :)

4 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Great story! What kind of bike did he get? I couldn't tell from the picture. My parents (yeah that's right my "parents") are bikers and it kinda looks like the one my step-dad has.

Yay for the money for your carrier!

Mercy Filled Mama said...

Wow~ congrats to you & Jon on the new bike! I must say, that is a leap of faith!! What an awesome opportunity to meet and share your love for Jesus with a "total stranger". We never know how God uses each of us in daily interactions, really. You two are super loving to pray for him. I am sure that was very touching to him and his wife!
You will have to post some pics of Jon with the bike... and maybe you Mylo sitting on it too- those would be cute!!
Stay safe Jon!

Lakeville Vertical said...

I probably wouldn't like the whole bike thing either. Good deals however are something I do like. Yeah for the new carrier. After all, the new baby needs it. :)

McSarah said...

Love it! You are officially a biker mama.