We kept it pretty low-key this year, for several reasons! But I've really felt reminded this weekend of how much I love Jon, how much he loves me, and what a special relationship, family and life we've created with one another.
I of course made Jon a card in my typical "this looks like a project a kindergartner would do"...
He bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and wrote me a really sweet poem...

Then Nana and Grandpops came over to hang out with Mylo while we went to a party. Our friends Chris and Angie are moving to California next week, and last night was there going away party. It was really fun, but bitter-sweet. Even though I'm sad they won't be nearby, I know they are life-long friends.
The four of us...

Saying our goodbyes to their daughter, I mean DOG, Sydney...

Friends forever, and ever, and ever, and ever...

Then Nana and Grandpops came over to hang out with Mylo while we went to a party. Our friends Chris and Angie are moving to California next week, and last night was there going away party. It was really fun, but bitter-sweet. Even though I'm sad they won't be nearby, I know they are life-long friends.
The four of us...

Saying our goodbyes to their daughter, I mean DOG, Sydney...

Friends forever, and ever, and ever, and ever...

I love and admire Chris and Angie for about a million reasons. I am SO proud of them for making this move. Chris is an animator and did some contract work on the Tinkerbell movie for Disney. He's really hoping (and has GREAT chances) to get a permanent job with Disney. They have prayed about moving there for years, and they felt earlier this year that God was telling them to step out in faith and go. It has been a journey of them REALLY trusting God throughout the whole process, and they have been so faithful and obedient to Him. I just know God is going to bless them tremendously!
Next time the four of us get a picture together, it'll be at Disneyland where we've gotten in for free thanks to Chris! :)
Next time the four of us get a picture together, it'll be at Disneyland where we've gotten in for free thanks to Chris! :)
4 comments:
Hope you had a great anniversary. We celebrated our first day as husband and wife yesterday. I can't wait so see what it will be like the hit the 5 year milestone.
Congrats on your five years. What a beautiful family you have since God brought you two together. Enjoy each day. :)
Happy Anniversary :)
Your family is a blessing to all you know and will meet in years to come. We love you and look froward to sharing this weekend. God bless, grandpops and nana.
Post a Comment