Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Shower

Last night my mother-in-law, Nancy, and my very dear friend Julie threw me a baby shower. Let me just tell you how REFRESHING it was to get out of the house and see some of my girlfriends! I felt like I couldn't stop talking because I hadn't been around people in so long! We had dinner together, hung out, played games, talked, and best of all...everyone prayed for me at the end. That was the best part. I have the most amazing friends ever. So I'm feeling like I got a second wind to finish out these last few weeks on bedrest!

Here's a few pics from the event.

Me and my sis...



My friends Julie and Cheryl, who won the reusable, reversible, adorable grocery bags I made as a prize for the game I did...


(oooh...I'll post the game at the end so you can take a stab at it!)

My friend Tiffany, who is due just 2 weeks after me. Hmmm...someone is looking quite large in comparison to her friend...



Nancy (my MIL), me and Julie...



Thank you to all my amazing friends and family for not only throwing me a shower and getting me lovely gifts, but for putting up with my CHATTINESS from being so cooped up! I love you all so much!!

Here's the quiz I had everyone do. It's called "Kate's Funny Pregnancies"...

  1. One day Jon said to me, “I love you Babe!” And I said, “Really, why? ‘Cause I’m not very loveable right now”. He said…

a) Because your boobs look really good from this angle (he was looking down at me while I sat on the couch.)

b) Because I made a vow to.

c) Because even though your loud pregnant snoring keeps me up at night, at least I have someone next to me in bed.

  1. My wonderful MIL was over one day and offered to clean my bathtub for me since I can’t scrub them with my back problems. Mylo was napping, and I was doing some other things around the upstairs. When I walked by the bathroom she was in, I saw…

a) Nancy testing out my stash of flavored massage oils

b) Nancy dancing and singing so loudly and terribly that it woke Mylo up early from his nap.

c) Nancy scrubbing the tub in her bra.

  1. While 37 weeks pregnant with Mylo, I was getting ready to get in the bath. (therefore I was naked!) I sat down to pee first, but really had to brace myself by holding on to the wall and the countertop. Jon was in the bathroom with me, looked over and with a chuckle said…

a) you look like an elephant doing a circus act where he’s trying to sit on one of those small stools!

b) You look like a sumo wrestler!

c) I wonder if some of the contestants on “The Biggest Loser” have to do that when they sit down to pee, ‘cause a lot of them I’m sure have joint problems from being overweight.

  1. What restaurant was I at when I spent 45 minutes in the bathroom with diarrhea because I took Milk of Magnesia thinking it was antacid?
  1. What room were we in when Patty insisted on pinching my nipple and some colostrum came out?

Bonus (2 points) As of today, how many inches around is the largest part of my belly?

Most of these questions you'll be able to find the answers somewhere on my blog. Take your best shot, and see how you do! (Sorry, not more cute grocery bags to give away!)



3 comments:

Shelly said...

congrats on the final 6! I"m so glad you enjoyed your shower and the chance to get out and visit!

My2Gs said...

That is so sweet that they threw you a shower for baby #2. I would have loved to have had one for Gauge. I am seriously dying laughing at your questions!! LOL :)
~ Lacie

McSarah said...

Looks like you had so much fun! So sad I couldn't go. : ( Can you imagine if you had gotten the stomach flu??? You'd barf yourself into labor! So, Julie brought my mom and I's love (tiramisu and present ) See ya later, at some point in the future : )