Friday, December 19, 2008

Family day out...

Can you guess where we went today?




Yep...

We took the plunge.

We had our first visit to...



We went with my sister and Hayden, here's the boys' idea of Skee Ball...



Mylo, "Where'd all the balls go?"



"You can't catch me!"...



I'm not really sure why I thought it was a good idea to go to Chuck E. Cheese with a 20 month old and a 2 1/2 week old when I'm COMPLETELY sleep deprived. I guess because poor Mylo has been so cooped up these past few weeks, and I really wanted him to have some fun. And I knew my sister would be a HUGE help, which she certainly was. But it was still exhausting all the same. But that place takes SO much energy, something I BARELY have right now! I was exhausted by the time we left.

So here's my question...DOES IT GET ANY EASIER??!! Going out with 2 kids, especially ones so close in age is a little too much for me right now! Hopefully I'll get into a groove and be able to go out with both little guys and actually ENJOY it!


5 comments:

Debbi said...

I hear you!!! You are so brave to try Chuck E. Cheese.
It has been snowing like crazy here where I live and I hadn't set foot outside since Monday. Last night my hubby watcjed the boys so I could go to Target by myself, and I loved it. It is very hard to take 2 little ones out when you are tired, you have to bundle them both, you only have 2-3 hours before they will want to eat, etc, etc. Hang in there I am sure it will get easier.

In Everything said...

hha ahaa.... of course it gets aLOT easier but there are other challenges....

I had 3 kiddies in less than 2.5 years:) And i remember the first few trips out being CRAZY, but we needed groceries:) I was thankful for my snuggly (playtex carrier)so the baby would be happy. Anf then I kept my 15 month old in the cart and had my little 2 yr old in the cart (couldn't ever pick up many groceries) and I made sure they were content BEFORE we went into the the store:)

The biggest difference was when the baby was like 6months and I wasn't soo exhausted and when my 2 "older" ones were trained to stay next to me and come when I called (practiced at home)!!

It wil get easier:)

Lyndsay said...

My boys are 17 months apart and it does get easier. Owen is now 23 months and Jack is 6 months old. Jack is sleeping better and Owen has always been a good sleeper so that helps. I have just tried very hard to get them to nap together during the day. Owen will only take one nap now around 1 in the afternoon so I try with all my might to get Jack to do that same. Most days it works and I can have a little time to myself to get things done around the house, check things on the computer or just plain sit down and watch HGTV for an hour and end up falling asleep...the last one is my favorite. The part I have to remember is that everything just takes longer. Longer to get ready, longer to get everyone in the car, longer to get everyone out of the car and into the stroller and longer to shop and so on and so. That part is definitely exhausting. I'm sure you're doing just great though...Phin is only 2 1/2 weeks old so don't be too hard on yourself.

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness! I HATE Chuck E. Cheeses and I would never take my kids there no matter how bad I felt for them! You are soooo brave! Was that your first outing with both kids without Jon?
Looks like Mylo had a great time!

Rachel Marie said...

It gets easier- and crazier all at the same time. Every time I'm pregnant I say "well, better get out now cuz I'm sure I won't be leaving the house to quickly when #3- or4- or 5 comes along. I'm always wrong. Eventually you just have to go and you get used to the fact that you have to plan on taking 20 minutes to get everyone shoed, coated, and buckled in their seats. And of course that's after the 20 minutes it takes to get them all pottied, changed, and brushed. Last week I went to Old Navy with 5 ages 7 and under. Insane to some, normal to me. You'll get there :)