The deck is DONE!

(I'll have to get some more pics of it to give you all a better idea of what it looks like...its so big I can't fit it all in one picture!)
Thanks to Brad, we have THE BEST deck in the 'hood! I see the neighbors turning green with envy as they walk by. ;)
Jon took Friday off to do some yard work, and put the new outdoor furniture together...WITH the boys' help of course!
Phin was in charge of overseeing the project...

"Looks good, guys!"...

Mylo had a more "hands on" approach...

"I've got better leverage from this angle"...

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL here in Ohio...sunny and 70ish. You better bet your bottom dollar I spent THE WHOLE day on the deck! Our house faces north so the inside half of our deck stays shaded all day. And the outside half is in the sun all day. So I was able to set Phin up in his excersaucer in the shade. I threw on some gauchos, a tank top, my wide-brimmed hat, and of course, SPF 45. (We are ALL about the sunblock in this family.) I set some blankets out and just laid around in the sun ALL day. It was GLORIOUS. The boys were both wonderful and had a great time on the deck. Its all enclosed with a railing, and Brad put a gate at the top of the steps. So mama can just relax knowing the boys are safe!
The next few days are rainy here, but come Thursday...THE SUN WILL BE BACK! Can't wait!
(I'll have to get some more pics of it to give you all a better idea of what it looks like...its so big I can't fit it all in one picture!)
Thanks to Brad, we have THE BEST deck in the 'hood! I see the neighbors turning green with envy as they walk by. ;)
Jon took Friday off to do some yard work, and put the new outdoor furniture together...WITH the boys' help of course!
Phin was in charge of overseeing the project...
"Looks good, guys!"...
Mylo had a more "hands on" approach...
"I've got better leverage from this angle"...
Saturday was BEAUTIFUL here in Ohio...sunny and 70ish. You better bet your bottom dollar I spent THE WHOLE day on the deck! Our house faces north so the inside half of our deck stays shaded all day. And the outside half is in the sun all day. So I was able to set Phin up in his excersaucer in the shade. I threw on some gauchos, a tank top, my wide-brimmed hat, and of course, SPF 45. (We are ALL about the sunblock in this family.) I set some blankets out and just laid around in the sun ALL day. It was GLORIOUS. The boys were both wonderful and had a great time on the deck. Its all enclosed with a railing, and Brad put a gate at the top of the steps. So mama can just relax knowing the boys are safe!
The next few days are rainy here, but come Thursday...THE SUN WILL BE BACK! Can't wait!
4 comments:
You are going to love it this summer! I'm so jealous!!!!
Nicest deck I've ever seen. So happy for you all and those of us who visit also. The USS PHYLO is now commissioned. love, grandpops
LOVE your new deck! I must come over for a visit sometime:)
Glad you put the pics up! it's loverly : ) Brads phone will be ringing off the hook!
Post a Comment