That's all Jon and I could keep saying to eachother as we ate this for dinner...

Not only was it SUPER delicious,
shhhhh...
its also REALLY good for you!
(don't tell anyone.)
I got the recipe for this cookbook, but gave it the "Kate touch".
Oh, I'm SO glad there's leftovers. I'm already excited for lunch tomorrow. :)
Want the recipe?
Ok.
I'll give it to you. :)
Ingredients:
8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
2 1/2 cups shelled edamame (I got it frozen then thawed it)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tahini* (see my substitution below)
4 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp honey
*I don't know about you, but I'm REALLY trying to stay on budget with my grocery bill. So when I saw that tahini was like $8 a jar and I only needed 2 tbsp, I decided to be creative and substitute it somehow! Tahini is sesame paste, so I got Marzetti Sesame Ginger salad dressing for a MUCH better price. I'm sure the meal would have been just an eentsy bit better with the tahini, but it was pretty darn good with what I used!
Directions:
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, green onions, bean sprouts, carrots and edamame. Saute until softened and heated through.

In the meantime, process salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, tahini, rice vinegar, cilantro, ginger and honey in food processor (I used a blender) until smooth, about 1 minute. Looks kinda disgusting, but I promise its not...

In large bowl, combine pasta with veggie mixture. Top with sauce, and combine.
Mmm, mmm, mmm! Your tastebuds will be SO happy, and so will the rest of your body for feeding it so well!

Not only was it SUPER delicious,
shhhhh...
its also REALLY good for you!
(don't tell anyone.)
I got the recipe for this cookbook, but gave it the "Kate touch".
Oh, I'm SO glad there's leftovers. I'm already excited for lunch tomorrow. :)
Want the recipe?
Ok.
I'll give it to you. :)
Ingredients:
8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
2 1/2 cups shelled edamame (I got it frozen then thawed it)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tahini* (see my substitution below)
4 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp honey
*I don't know about you, but I'm REALLY trying to stay on budget with my grocery bill. So when I saw that tahini was like $8 a jar and I only needed 2 tbsp, I decided to be creative and substitute it somehow! Tahini is sesame paste, so I got Marzetti Sesame Ginger salad dressing for a MUCH better price. I'm sure the meal would have been just an eentsy bit better with the tahini, but it was pretty darn good with what I used!
Directions:
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, green onions, bean sprouts, carrots and edamame. Saute until softened and heated through.
In the meantime, process salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, tahini, rice vinegar, cilantro, ginger and honey in food processor (I used a blender) until smooth, about 1 minute. Looks kinda disgusting, but I promise its not...
In large bowl, combine pasta with veggie mixture. Top with sauce, and combine.
Mmm, mmm, mmm! Your tastebuds will be SO happy, and so will the rest of your body for feeding it so well!
1 comment:
that does look yummy -- without the soy though! :)
britt
Post a Comment