...yep, I miss you too.
Where have I been, you may ask? I've been sulking around my house WITHOUT a computer, due to a fried hard drive! Arghhh! I know, its like living without a kidney or something. I am stealing a few moments on Jon's work computer to post this.
I feel totally lost without my precious laptop. But the worst part is we lost 3 months of pictures...which is a big deal when those pictures are of your baby between the ages of 6 to 8 months! So super sad. Let's not talk about it.
Well, my time is up on Jon's work computer. We've ordered a new hard drive, so when that comes, I'll be back!
5 comments:
Have you tried taking it to someone. That has happened to us twice. We thought we lost ALL of our pics (like 5 yrs worth). Hubby took it to the IT department at his work and they were able to retrieve our pictures after much work.
That is a good reminder to us all to back up our pictures! At least you have some pictures that you have posted on your blog, right? Sorry, that probably didn't help, I know it's a big deal. So sorry! Hope everything turns out okay!
Oh, I have so been there. I had a hard drive crash while in grad school. I thought I lost all of my master's thesis data that I had collected and all of the grades for the entire semester (one week before finals) of the class I was teaching. I was freaked out beyond belief. I was able to take it to a professional and they were able to get off the important stuff. It cost a pretty penny, but was worth it. You may want to look into a data restoration company for the pictures and anything else important that you may have lost. To top it all off, Dell sent me the wrong new hard drive twice! I was so frustrated by the time it was all over with.
Oh my goodness! I"m so sorry! At least you have the ones you posted on your blog. We had to get a separate hard drive just to store all my pictures!!! LOL!
When you clean at Liz's on Wed, if you want to stop by on your way to or from, you're more than welcome to spend some quality time with my computer! :-)
AHHH Lost pictures are HORRIBLE! Thank God my husband is such a computer geek our entire hard drive get backed up on our server like ever hour or something ridiculous like that.
I second the taking your fried Hardrive to an IT dude or dudette they can bring magical things back!
I do miss you though!
Also I might be in early labour right now incase you wanted to know! :) MIGHT! I'm not great at judging these things
Post a Comment