Just over 3 years ago, I got a phone call from a man I had never met. He introduced himself on the phone as Mike, and told me that we go to the same church. He was asked to start a new worship team, and I had come highly recommended to him to be in the band.
When our team came together, I didn't realize how incredibly special the next couple years of my life would be with these people. It seemed that from the get-go, God knit us together us an incredibly unique way. I have loved EVERY moment of worshipping the King of Kings with a group of people I consider my "worship family". :)
Unfortunately, as things usually go in the Kingdom of God, our team has slowly been dismantled as God calls people elsewhere. Its been bittersweet for all of us, because we all realize we had something incredibly special.
But today we had a worship family reunion, and we had all but 2 band members there. It was LOVELY to see everyone together again!
Our bass player Bob and his wife hosted this lovely party, and none of us realized how AMAZING their house is or else ALL our parties would have been there!!

Me and Sarah (keyboards). Sarah is off to nursing school this fall...

Mike and Melanie (Mike was our wonderful leader, Melanie sang), they are now serving at another church...
(yep their outrageously gorgeous together)

Me and Ken (drums)...ummmm...Ken, Ken, Ken. Insisted on wearing Sarah's sunglasses in attempts to be as cool as me. :) Ken was switched to another team a few months back...

Our hosts, Bob (bass) and Joanne...

The reason we all sound so good, Paul (sound). Paul is headed to another church in the fall...

And what's a party with a bunch of musicians without breaking out the instruments??!...

Can I get a little bass?...

Gabe keepin' the beat...

My sweet Melanie came over to sing with me, and oh how my heart swelled with joy! Words can't describe HOW MUCH I miss singing with her...

It was a really special day, spent with people I love. (Minus my family...Mylo was sick over the weekend so Jon stayed home with the boys.) I'm not sure what we had as a band can ever be duplicated.
When our team came together, I didn't realize how incredibly special the next couple years of my life would be with these people. It seemed that from the get-go, God knit us together us an incredibly unique way. I have loved EVERY moment of worshipping the King of Kings with a group of people I consider my "worship family". :)
Unfortunately, as things usually go in the Kingdom of God, our team has slowly been dismantled as God calls people elsewhere. Its been bittersweet for all of us, because we all realize we had something incredibly special.
But today we had a worship family reunion, and we had all but 2 band members there. It was LOVELY to see everyone together again!
Our bass player Bob and his wife hosted this lovely party, and none of us realized how AMAZING their house is or else ALL our parties would have been there!!

Me and Sarah (keyboards). Sarah is off to nursing school this fall...

Mike and Melanie (Mike was our wonderful leader, Melanie sang), they are now serving at another church...
(yep their outrageously gorgeous together)

Me and Ken (drums)...ummmm...Ken, Ken, Ken. Insisted on wearing Sarah's sunglasses in attempts to be as cool as me. :) Ken was switched to another team a few months back...

Our hosts, Bob (bass) and Joanne...

The reason we all sound so good, Paul (sound). Paul is headed to another church in the fall...

And what's a party with a bunch of musicians without breaking out the instruments??!...

Can I get a little bass?...
Gabe keepin' the beat...

My sweet Melanie came over to sing with me, and oh how my heart swelled with joy! Words can't describe HOW MUCH I miss singing with her...

It was a really special day, spent with people I love. (Minus my family...Mylo was sick over the weekend so Jon stayed home with the boys.) I'm not sure what we had as a band can ever be duplicated.
1 comment:
Great pics... couldn't you photo shop mine a bit? If i'd known you were gonna blog these puppies I would've faced fwd, stood up straight and given my fierce eyes : ) hee hee Love you!!!
Post a Comment