Since then, I have met some really wonderful people, whom I now consider dear friends. It is also how I became involved in reviewing for SIMPLE - something I LOVE to do because I feel so passionate about great products for families.
So I thought I'd do a blog post introducing you to just a few of my bloggy buddies. These are women who I truly consider invaluable friends. They are people I confide in, chat with, bounce ideas off of, care for, and just absolutely adore.
Drea - Uniquely PlacedI knew Drea and I would be friends pretty much the instant I found her blog. She is a sweet little pastor's wife from the south that you just want to fold up, stick in your pocket, and carry around with you! She is incredibly generous, wise beyond her years, and an amazing artist in so many ways. One of the first encounters I had with her was when I emailed her to ask her a question about a baby carrier. She immediately offered to let me borrow the one she had I was asking about. SO generous!
I got to meet Drea back in June when she was visiting Ohio. It was so exciting to meet my "friend in the computer" in person! Which leads me into...
Jaime - Stirring the PottJaime is another SIMPLE mom. She actually runs it now. I got to meet her back in June as well. She lives in Michigan, so Jaime, Drea and I met at the Toledo zoo. (this pic is of her holding Phinny!) Jaime is incredibly creative, funny, and has a heart of gold. She is one of those solid people you can always count on. I have loved getting to know Jaime and chatting up a storm with her on Google chat. Plus she told me how the Twilight saga ends (per my request) because the suspense was KILLING me!!
Nikki - Loving DangerNikki won a giveaway I hosted on SIMPLE not too long ago, and we've been emailing one another ever since! There is something about Nikki that just makes you want to be friends with her. She is the real deal. She knows who she is and doesn't falter from that. I love that about her. She's a little bit of a firecracker with her potty mouth ;) , but there is something so attractive about her honesty. Hop on her blog, you won't be able to stop reading it. She's got a daughter named Danger, and a son named Epic due any day now...AND she has a Weimeraner, which is what we have. (HAD - she's living with my inlaws now.) I feel like she's a kindred spirit - I LOVE getting to email with her and peek into her life through her blog. She's one of those I'd LOVE to meet in person!!
Speaking of meeting in person...
I also have bloggy friends that are my actual friends in real life...
Shelly - Life as We Know ItI have known Shelly since 2000 - we worked at a spa together. Now we go to the same church and are in a moms group together. There isn't really enough room on this blog post to list all the AMAZING things about Shelly. I admire her SO much. Read her blog and you'll see what an incredible woman, wife, mother, friend, etc. that she is. She's just one of those people you want to be around all the time. She makes you a better person - like iron sharpens iron.
Brittany - 4 Little Men and Girly TwinsYes peeps, I know her in real life. She's like a blog celebrity. :) She's also my friend. Brittany is simply amazing. She is also in my moms group, but we haven't been blessed by her presence recently because she is in North Dakota with her fam for a few months. Brittany has 6 kids and she's only like 26. Somehow she makes it look easy and fun, when most of us would be ripping our hairs out one by one. Hop on her blog, and you will be mesmerized by her beautiful photography and her passion for healthy living.
There are many other blogs I check up on regularly, but I thought I'd share a few of the woman that I have come to know and love through this crazy thing called blogging!
8 comments:
Well, well, well! I'm flattered, Kate!!! :-) I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, though! If we miss each other at church, I'll see you in October at mom's group...
xo
Awe you are to sweet. I asked Travis today to email me his calendar for Oct. Im looking into ordering my ticket :) EEEE hehehehehe!! you have to spoil me and feed me lots of food! oh and let me sleep in. ;-)
So funny there is another Danger out there! Jetts future wifes name is Elliana Danger. Its my BFFs little girl. I thought I would never know another girl named Danger. Priceless!
Ohhhh you are super sweet Kate. You are such a wonderful friend I can't even express. You have helped me in so many ways. I am glad to have you in my bloggie world. I shall come and visit soon.
Drea...when are you going to visit? How fun!!
Maybe next year you'll vacation in Canada! Or possibly Blogher? We could be roomies!
that's funny that one of the first blogs you started to read was 4tunate. We live in the same city. In fact, we spent last Saturday together doing a "cupcake crawl". Maybe someday you should venture to Indy!
I hoping to come in Oct but im not sure yet! :) I cant wait to long tho because after a certain point im not suppose to fly.
Thanks for sharing about all these good blogs, I am always looking for ones to read. You are a good friend to share! :)
Post a Comment