About a 1/2 hour ago, I heard a loud thump on my back door, it kinda scared the crap out of me!
I walked over there to see what the deal was, and I saw this...

Geesh, is that creepy or WHAT?! Its a BIRD. And its got its little bird claws dug into my screen as it holds on for dear life!
(birds kinda creep me out a bit.)
Apparently the collision scared the crap out of the bird too...

Like I needed someone, or something else's poop to clean up.
Then the bird hopped down and has been sitting in the same spot on my deck. Its still there as I write this. I don't know what the heck is going on with this bird, but its pretty freaky if you ask me. It hasn't moved an inch. Even when I pound on the door or go outside and try to scare it off. (I know, I'm a sweetheart, huh?) Did I mention its creepy??!

I took a video so you can see how weird this whole thing is.
My goodness I hope I don't have to actually DO something to get rid of this bird. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Why does my husband have to be at WORK on days like this?!
**Update**
The bird is gone now. :) My worst fears DID NOT come true in that I would have to remove a dead bird off my deck before I had to explain to my 2 year old why he can't go out and play with a dead bird.
I walked over there to see what the deal was, and I saw this...
Geesh, is that creepy or WHAT?! Its a BIRD. And its got its little bird claws dug into my screen as it holds on for dear life!
(birds kinda creep me out a bit.)
Apparently the collision scared the crap out of the bird too...

Like I needed someone, or something else's poop to clean up.
Then the bird hopped down and has been sitting in the same spot on my deck. Its still there as I write this. I don't know what the heck is going on with this bird, but its pretty freaky if you ask me. It hasn't moved an inch. Even when I pound on the door or go outside and try to scare it off. (I know, I'm a sweetheart, huh?) Did I mention its creepy??!
I took a video so you can see how weird this whole thing is.
My goodness I hope I don't have to actually DO something to get rid of this bird. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Why does my husband have to be at WORK on days like this?!
**Update**
The bird is gone now. :) My worst fears DID NOT come true in that I would have to remove a dead bird off my deck before I had to explain to my 2 year old why he can't go out and play with a dead bird.
5 comments:
Totally freaky! It looks like a cardinal, but I know nothing about birds. I hope it isn't hurt from hitting your window, otherwise he might be around for a while. Maybe you can get a neighbor to help get rid of it?
When we lived by you at Hard Road we had a bird fly into our townhouse and get stuck under the fridge. Ever since then I have been so afraid of birds! EWWW!
I think that I would be scared too. We had a bird incident of our own not too long ago.
http://www.lifedownourlane.com/2009/10/can-you-guess.html
we had a squirrel at our townhouse that used to climb on our window and pee on it.... so gross and frustrating:)
oh, and my kids played with a dead moth all day today. Lydia even tried to convince me it was her "pet" and that it needed to come inside. Gross!! Anyway, I think it was alive when they started to play with it... but it must have been kind of weak for the kids to catch it;)
I have you exact same fear of birds AND I have one that keeps trying to cling to our window screens now - freaky!!
Needless to say, I keep stomping and banging on the walls to keep those birds away. Gross!
And I'm not even going to tell the story about how one died on our back deck once.. it still haunts me!
Post a Comment