Friday, January 22, 2010

Have you heard this song?

Have you heard this song?

Its pretty much my favorite right now.

Especially this version sung by Kim Walker who is a bundle of adorableness if you ask me...



I hadn't heard this song until last weekend.

We played it "on the fly" during extended worship last Saturday night.

That's right, my first time ever playing piano with the worship team and they throw a song at me that I've never heard. They love me like that I suppose. :) Our guitar player rattles off what the chords are to me, I quickly write them down, and play them while I'm watching him change chords so I know what to do.

Then this week I googled it and found this version of it. Its moves my heart every time I listen to it, so I thought I'd share.

Here are my favorite lyrics from it...

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about the way...

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us...

Go. Have a listen. You're gonna really like it.

5 comments:

My2Gs said...

I can't believe you've never heard that song before! I {{LOVE}} The David Crowder Band version...we'll I just love The David Crowder Band! :-)

McSarah said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing it!!!!

Mrs. G said...

I have had this song stuck in my head all week!! It's great coming through my headphones, I can't imagine what it's like being sung in worship.

Drea said...

ow i love it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJyW55AXJAk i did like the david crowder band version 2. :)

Joyful said...

I also cant believe you have never heard it! LOVE LOVE LOVE her! I think she does a much better job than David Crowder. She really brings you into a state of worship. Awesome song!