...we've decided to make our family room look like adults actually live here. We're past having the permanent fixtures of baby swings and excersaucers. (for now at least...) So we're sprucing up the room a bit!
Sunday we bought our first piece of furniture for the room makeover...

The boys were MORE than happy to "help" daddy set up the new entertainment center.
To give you an idea of what it actually looks like, being that I'm challenged in the photography skills area, here is the store's website photo...

Yes its got doors that can cover up the tv. Yay!
Small problem:
Our big honkin' tv didn't fit in the entertainment center.
Heaven forbid we go a day without television...my husband actually braved the white out snow conditions yesterday to buy this...

Ah yes, cartoons look so much better on our 47" flatscreen.
(yes, I know, we were the last ones in the universe to buy a flatscreen.)
We have a few more pieces of furniture we'd like to buy. I am dying to get these walls painted since they are the same taupe color that came standard with the house. I'm going to make some beautiful curtains, maybe get a few decorational items, and its possible we will have reclaimed the family room!
On a random side note, speaking of "because we're adults"...
This morning I triple-dog-dared Jon to take off all his clothes and belly-flop into the snow piled up on our back deck.

He declined, can you believe it?
There's like 3 feet of snow piled up back there. It's all fluffy and untouched, just begging for someone to jump into it.
Sunday we bought our first piece of furniture for the room makeover...
The boys were MORE than happy to "help" daddy set up the new entertainment center.
To give you an idea of what it actually looks like, being that I'm challenged in the photography skills area, here is the store's website photo...

Yes its got doors that can cover up the tv. Yay!
Small problem:
Our big honkin' tv didn't fit in the entertainment center.
Heaven forbid we go a day without television...my husband actually braved the white out snow conditions yesterday to buy this...

Ah yes, cartoons look so much better on our 47" flatscreen.
(yes, I know, we were the last ones in the universe to buy a flatscreen.)
We have a few more pieces of furniture we'd like to buy. I am dying to get these walls painted since they are the same taupe color that came standard with the house. I'm going to make some beautiful curtains, maybe get a few decorational items, and its possible we will have reclaimed the family room!
On a random side note, speaking of "because we're adults"...
This morning I triple-dog-dared Jon to take off all his clothes and belly-flop into the snow piled up on our back deck.
He declined, can you believe it?
There's like 3 feet of snow piled up back there. It's all fluffy and untouched, just begging for someone to jump into it.
9 comments:
Love your entertainment center. I actually bought a dresser off of Craigslist for our TV. It still needs painted. My goal was to get it out of finger reach of my kiddos! LOL. We reclaimed our living room at Christmas as well with the purchase of a toy box for Gauge :)
I love everything about this post! I was scared to scroll down, because I thought you had maybe posted pictures of your husband jumping into the snow!! Mine probably would have declined too. Where did you get the entertainment center? It is beautiful!
Love the entertainment center! Where is it from?
Oooh, Oooh! Can I jump in it? I"m sure my boys would love to smash it down for you!
LOVE the new cabinet!! Let me know if you need color inspiration for your walls! :-)
#1We're the last ones Katie : )
#2Jason dug himself into the snow last year in his swim trunks!
Those boys need to get together soon, maybe they'll start a polar bear club.
The entertainment center is beautiful. ...we don't have a flatscreen... :-)
I actually had a thought about your tv not fitting when I looked at the picture of the boys "helping"... They don't make those cabinets to hold "old fashioned" tvs that are more than three inches thick!
The flat screen looks great. You are not the last people to get one! We have been saving for about a year and hopefully will be getting one soon. My husband looks like a kid in a candy store every time he walks down the television aisle.
We're also "re-decorating" our living room!!! We have had hand-me-downs for the last 7 years and wanted something "new". But I am a decorating-loser.... so who knows when it will all be up and ready to "reveal"...LOL!!
I look forward to seeing what color you do the walls.... after our construction project we plan on painting our living room.... and this decorating-loser is clueless:)
I'm not into big entertainment centers... but that is really pretty!! I really like yours;)
Me Likey! And Mrs Spider's Sunny Patch is one of my favourite cartoons but surprisingly Danger's not much of a fan!
Post a Comment