Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This year is better than last year

With all sorts of nice weather going on around here, we've been enjoying daily outdoor adventures. We've been taking wagon rides, going to parks, playing on the deck, running through the yard, etc.

Today I made a realization.

Last year quite honestly I kind of dreaded doing all this stuff. It was just SO.MUCH.WORK. I mean, to go to the park I seemingly had to pack up half my house just to go a few miles up the street. Then once we got there, I had a baby to hold/wear in a carrier/nurse, all while attempting to help my very careful and tentative 2 year old go up the steps, down the slide, etc. And he would throw tantrums if I didn't help him with all of this, but its quite challenging to climb through tunnels with a baby strapped to you. And by the end I was EXHAUSTED and Mylo was pissed. Yep, I said it.

But this year, my friends, is QUITE different. It's actually SUPER FUN! Both my boys can sit up in the wagon and have a blast checking everything out and talking to one another. At the park, Mylo runs and climbs and slides and jumps all by himself! Phinny obviously still needs my help with most everything, but he is nothing like Mylo was. He just GOES FOR IT, and could care less if I'm standing right behind him ready to help.

I've snapped a few shots as proof that we're having lots of fun around these parts!

"Wheeeeeeee!!"



Double "Wheeeeeeeee!!"



See what I mean about Phin just going for it??!...



Mylo and his bestie Markus...



Best buds...



Oh man, life with kids is such a blast when the burden of how much WORK it is lightens up a bit!


1 comment:

Diana said...

I so know what you mean! I love having two mobile children doing anything. I love the fact that I don't need a huge diaper bag anymore. Sounds like you guys are up to lots of fun! We got our wagon yesterday. I had a heck of a time putting it together, even a trip back to Costco. We are FINALLY going to go for a walk with it tomorrow in the 70 degree day we are supposed to have before we get 5-10 inches of snow on Friday!