I like seeing what other people feed their kids, don't you?
It can be super stressful making sure you're kids get well-rounded, healthy meals, am I right or am I right? Its fun to see what other people do to get ideas/inspiration.
I'm lucky that my kids aren't particularly picky eaters. Mylo can be picky sometimes, but Phin will eat pretty much anything. :)
I always feel proud when I get the lunches all made, on the plates and ready to serve. Especially if I've managed to get most of the food groups covered. (how many are there now these days? I've lost track of the food pyramid.)
Here's what we had yesterday:
-Cheese "Pinwheels" - cheddar cheese melted in a wheat tortilla, rolled and cut up.
-Creamy Cilantro Sauce for dipping - 8oz. cottage cheese, 8 oz. sour cream, 1 bunch of cilantro, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, salt & pepper mixed together in blender or food processor. (seriously yummy!)
-Lentil taco stuffing (for lack of better name?) - recipe from Brittany's blog (by the way, wait til you see what she can get her kids to eat! it amazes me)
-Strawberries and grapes
And on today's lunch menu:

-Mac 'n Cheese with pre-made pureed broccoli and cauliflower. (I always have cubes of these in my freezer - see what I do here.)
-Avocado
-Blueberries
-Strawberries
And here's a "real life" picture for today...
My kitchen right now as I blog instead of clean it:
What are YOU having for lunch today??
2 comments:
yummy yummy! My kids would come eat with you! :) Wish we could for real... missing you all! hope you're doing well.
britt
Wow!! I'm impressed....
today we visited with andrea and her crew. And i fed them chicken nuggets, apple, grapes and tortilla chips!! LOL... didn't quite get all the food groups in... but we had a fun visit
;)
Post a Comment