Monday, February 21, 2011

For Diana and Cris...





...here's your darn recipe. Stop harassing me via twitter and facebook.





:: Tortellini and Sausage Soup ::

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg turkey sausage, such as Hillshire Farms, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup chopped yellow onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 5 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1 small jar canned mushrooms, drained
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped (or more if you like)
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 small zucchini, sliced
  • 8 oz. fresh tortellini, such as Buitoni
  • 3 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley

Directions:

In large pot, saute onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Add sausage and slightly brown. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, simmer 30 min. Stir in zucchini and parsley, simmer additional 30 minutes. Add tortellini in last 10 minutes. Serve crusty bread, top with parmesan, and make your tummies happy! But don't make enough for leftovers because the tortellini gets soggy and gross.




...and I'm kidding about the harassment. In fact, come on over and I'll make you the soup myself. :)


2 comments:

Diana said...

YUMMY! I can't wait to eat this! This is exactly what I need right now! THANK YOU! And, I would let you make it for me if only I lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this sounds yummy!!