Sure, they have to endure this kind of crap...

...but could they survive the Hell Week we've had here at my house?
OH.MY.GOSH.YOU.GUYS.WE.HAVE.BEEN.SO.SICK.
Yeah so last Wednesday is when it all began. I should have known when Phin woke up with pink eye in both eyes that all hell was about to break loose.
By that night Mylo, Phinny and I were hacking up our lungs. Can I tell you how SUPER fun it is to be sick while pregnant? It's probably my favorite thing.
Friends, I have been to the doctor twice now, and they claim its all viral and I just have to basically wait it out. But I'm just having a hard time believing I can feel THIS terrible and continue to get worse and there's just NOTHING they can shoot me up with to make it all disappear.
I'll spare you my mile-long list of symptoms, but I need to just take a minute to vent about how TERRIBLE I feel. I can hardly get off my butt - my energy level is non-existent. But I of course can't sleep at night because I'm in so much pain and can't stop coughing. Oh, and did I mention how impossible it is to take care of your sick kids when you're so sick yourself?
Poor Jon's been trying to work, take care of the kids AND the house. Luckily his parents are wicked-awesome and came over 4 days in a row last week and basically did everything for us.
Here are a few images from our Hell Week.
WAYYYY too much sitting on the couch watching tv...
(don't mind my triple chin here...it rears its ugly head every time I'm pregnant.)Medicine, tea, honey, thermometer...out and ready for use...
Pile of used tissues...
(I've been TRYING to be good about throwing them away, per Jon's request!)
I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to show you my nightstand...its a plethora of used tissues (of course), Halls wrappers, more medicine bottles, half-drank water glasses, etc.
Don't I look super pretty AND happy to be alive?...
So yeah...I'd pretty much say the Navy S.E.A.L.S. ain't got nothin' on us.
Oh, and by the way, I'm still super sick.
4 comments:
I can completely feel for you right at the moment. That was our family two weeks ago and while I was not pregnant, I was recovering from surgery. All three of us had pneumonia and all three of us ended up on prednisone. Talk about the 'roid rage that was going on at my house! It was one of the worst weeks we have ever had at my house. Lexi had a tantrum on the prednisone and threw herself onto the floor so hard that she hit her face on the dog bowl and gave herself a black eye! Then there was the tantrum for the lollipop that we didn't even have that lasted 45min!!! All the fun on top of none of us sleeping! We have come out on the other side, so there is a rainbow at the end of the storm!
awe girl you are gorgeous!!
I am sorry you are so sick....it sucks...I was super sick to when I was preg with Macy...it horrible!
totally stinks to be sick anytime when the kids are sick!! So thankful you had some awesome "back up"!!
Hope you feel better SOON!!!
I hope you feel better soon. I feel like this stuff keeps cycling through. When I think we are all clear... another cold comes along. SUMMER!!!! Where are you!!!!!?
Post a Comment