Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We're gettin' ready!



Well guys, it's that time of year again.  Summer is wrapping up and school is about to start!


:: insert hallelujah chorus here ::


Anyone else really excited to get your kids out of your hair for a bit?  Not that I don't love my boys and all, but entertaining them EVERYDAY ALL DAY LONG is a bit exhausting, amen?


We of course have been doing the back to school shopping and getting the boys psyched about the new school year.  Mylo is starting kindergarten *gasp*, and Phinny will be heading to preschool 3 mornings a week.

I let them each pick out their own new backpack...



Surprise, surprise...Phin wanted an all yellow backpack.  He loves it because it's "so, so yellow".  I guess it'll make him easy to spot, right?


Mylo needed new shoes, and we went with DC Kids skateboarding shoes because they'll stand up to all his abuse.  Also, apparently they give me major street cred for buying them.  Or so the commercial tells me.  I was looking for a way to increase my street cred out here in the country, so it's a win-win for all.



We started our plethora of meet & greets, orientations, open houses, curriculum nights, etc. yesterday.  Here's Mylo outside his classroom getting ready to meet his teacher...




We are also delving into the world of organized sports.  Something I am personally NOT accustomed to, but will certainly become a pro at since I've got 3 boys!  Dare I call myself a soccer mom?  It's not quite sitting right with me yet.  Maybe I'll get there someday.  Probably not.
I learned trial by fire method when I went to get Mylo's soccer gear...the DAY before practice started.  (Thank you to the very kind teenage boy who helped me at Play It Again Sports.)
These are what cleats look like.  Who knew?




Cutest soccer player I ever did see...



Ok, I'll definitely be THIS little guys soccer mom.  Adorbs!!




I'm looking forward to more structured days and the onslaught of activities we have coming our way.  Here's to school starting!!


1 comment:

Jaime said...

soooo darn cute....yay for soccer moms!!! you got the minivan right?