Thursday, September 20, 2012

1 week later



Remember how I told you guys I had surgery on my leg last week?


Well, I may have stretched the truth on that a bit.  You see, I didn't want you all to be jealous of my arduous travel schedule.  Last week I was actually in Australia doing a bit of surfing.  The leg incident was caused by a shark bite.  Here's what the scene look like:




I mean, OBVIOUSLY this photo is a bit fabricated.  The surfer shown is a man and I'm a woman.  But other than that it's a pretty accurate portrayal of what everyone saw from the shore.


I'd say I got off pretty lucky, and here's what the leg looks like 1 week after that fateful day.



Let's get a close-up so you can clearly see that those puncture wounds are in the perfect shape of a shark's jaw...



I'd like to thank my mom for my swift ninja skills that enabled me to escape the shark.  I'd like to thank my husband for removing the steri-strips today without re-opening any wounds.  And last but not least, I'd like to thank my middle son Phinean, for giving me an imagination bigger than the sky.



Because obviously it wasn't really a shark attack.  I didn't even go to Australia you guys.  It was surgery.  Boring but true.


2 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, that looks bad! Hopefully it feels better than it looks!

Shannon - theSIMPLEmoms.com said...

Dang girl!! That looks bad!! :( Glad it's healing well...gotta love surgery! When it's all said and done, will you even be able to see the cut areas? Surgery is amazing