Friday, September 28, 2012

Phinny-isms



My little Phinny.  He's such a character and keeps me on my toes all day long.  This boy definitely marches to the beat of his own drum.  He says the whackiest, funniest things.  That combined with his passionate personality provides top-notch entertainment.




Some recent things he's said that I want to remember:

While getting ready to brush his teeth:  "Mom, this toothpaste is really serious."  (He also talks with his hands and makes serious, exaggerated faces to get his point across.)  "It's sour.  And it's spicy.  Very serious."


The other day when I blew my nose:  "Mommy, I know you have boogies, but that's okay.  That's okay Mommy.  I still love you okay?"


He makes up these WILD stories and tells them with such passion and excitement.  His imagination is as big as the sky.



When playing outside, Phin usually stops what we're playing to go pick leaves and flowers.  He LOVES to bring me beautiful yellow flowers (dandelions) to "put in my hair forever and ever".  Speaking of yellow, from his backpack to his shoes to his blankey...EVERYTHING has to be yellow.  And he'll say, "I love it because it's so, so yellow."




I love this passionate little boy who brings so much LIFE to our family.  When I was pregnant with him, I felt the Lord tell me that Phin was going to be a "mighty warrior for God's army".  I can definitely see that in his personality, and I will love watching that calling unfold throughout his life.


PHINEAN JUDE, YOU ARE PERFECT AND PRECIOUS AND LIGHT UP THIS WORLD!

 

1 comment:

blueschoolmomma said...

So sweet! That reminds me a lot of Benji...maybe it's a middle boy thing. Benji brought me flowers obsessively all summer one year, even picking them out of random people's yards when we were on walks! So hard to scold him when those big blue eyes look at me and say "I love you, Mommy!"