Thursday, September 13, 2012

Stab Phlebectomy



I got one!


What?  Not familiar?




This is what the back of my left leg looked like this morning...

(it looked way grosser in real life)


Not only did that vericose vein look disgusting, it was quite painful.  So a stab phlebectomy is the technical term for having it surgically removed.  With a crochet hook.  Neat.


Bright and early this morning we headed down to the hospital where I had my first surgery ever!  It was SO much easier than having a baby, you know, cause of the whole anesthesia thing.  Pure awesomeness.  And now I've been at home resting like this...






My left foot is stained blue/green from whatever antiseptic they used before the procedure.  Oh, and they made me take off my toe-nail polish beforehand.  My mother would be appalled.





And it just wouldn't be my blog if I didn't put a horrendous picture of myself for the mockery of the interwebz.  Thank you dilaudid for the half-opened eye look...




Thankfully I had a great experience with the surgery.  It should be a quick recovery.  I'm SO excited I finally had the procedure and my leg won't be in pain anymore!!




2 comments:

Shannon - theSIMPLEmoms.com said...

Oh yay!! you had it done!! Surgery is pretty crazy stuff, isn't it?!?!? It's just amazing what our bodies an endure. Well cheers to you lady for no more pain!!

In Everything said...

Oh goodness!!! Praying for a quick healing! And no more pain!

Way to look on the bright side with the "fall trending" post!!