Do you ever just LOOK at food and feel like you're getting fatter? I'm usually a fairly healthy eater...not quite like my friends Brittany or Shelly or anything. But I'm not one to shove a bunch of junk into my body. However, last night I was craving peanut butter chocolate ice cream, so I indulged.
While I somehow exercised great restraint by only taking a few bites, I still felt my thighs widen before I even left the ice cream aisle. (It might have been the 5 chocolate chip cookies I ate before I went to the grocery store, but we won't talk about that.)
And speaking of exercise...not really a fan. You certainly won't find me at the gym or running marathons like my girl Shannon. My house has 3 floors, of which I run up and down eleventy billion times a day, usually carrying a 20lb. kid or a full laundry basket or two. Or both. Totally a workout. Right? RIGHT?
Today I woke up with an extra dose of ambition, because I decided to walk BOTH kids to school. Now, Mylo's school is easy since it's at the entrance of our neighborhood. But Phin's? It takes a bit of an overachiever to walk him there, as I discovered today.
Here's the scene:
Bloggy friends, meet my Mountain Buggy stroller. Stroller, meet my bloggy friends. Seriously, this is THE MOST AMAZING STROLLER EVER. Ever.
However, it looked more like this...
Plus coats, hats, backpacks, etc. since it was 37 degrees when we left this morning. So, we've got two 40-ish lb. kids plus one 20-ish lb. kid plus a 40 lb. stroller. (That's 140 lbs. I'm pushing if you can't quickly do the math.)
Now, I live in a small town, so everything is seemingly within walking distance. (Seemingly being the key word here.) So, Little Miss Ambitious (that's me) embarked on her journey of getting 2 kids to school on time at 8:15am.
We got Mylo to school right as the bell was ringing at 8:25. And that was with me running half the way. (yeah, I know...me? running? pfshh.) We got him dropped off, and made our way to our local Tim Horton's to get donuts for Phin and Desmond. Sadly, all the employees there know me by name, but I swear I didn't indulge. Burning calories, remember? Then we continued our journey to Phin's preschool. While it SEEMS close when driving, walking there is a whole 'nother story. Something else you don't realize while driving is that it is uphill most of the way. So I've got 60lbs. worth of kids plus a 40lb. stroller plus my quickly dissolving ambition walking (uphill) to the preschool.
SOMEHOW we make it there by 9:03. School started at 9:00. Not too shabby in my opinion! While there, I get several weird looks comments from people..."you WALKED here?" One woman who is my neighbor offered me a ride home. LOL!
So I got Phin into school and began my miserable trek calorie-burning journey home. I thought for sure I'd be home, changed, and on my way to moms group that starts at 9:30. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa!
I finally made it home around 9:45, only to quickly change and head off to moms group. Poor Desmond stayed in his jammies. I was ambitious at 8:00am but by 10 I digressed into survival mode.
When I went to pick up Phin (in the CAR), I decided to clock exactly how many miles it is from our house to the preschool. Um...2 miles. That's right, I totally walked 2 miles there, and 2 miles back (that's 4 miles if you can't quickly do the math) in 37 degree weather with an ungodly amount of pounds of kids, half of it UPHILL at 8 o'freakin' clock in the morning.
WHO AM I?
3 comments:
you totally deserve that chocolate peanut butter ice cream...the whole thing in my opinion. :P
you are superwoman:) With some super cute sidekicks:)
funniest part HAD to be the neighbor offering to drive you home;)
I came back to your blog!!!! so glad i did-- this just made me laugh out loud so hard. you dork!!! lol ;)
Post a Comment