Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fun with fonts and ridiculously good cookies



Let's start off by making our mouths water, shall we?




What are those delicious morsels of heaven-sent edible love, you ask?



Oh, nothing much.  Just chocolate cookies with melted Andes mints on top.




Totally easy to refrain from eating these.  I DID NOT just eat 3 of them while writing this.


If you want the recipe (and you do) you'll have to head over to my dear friend Jen's blog:
Homemade Andes Mint Cookies

Oh, and this year, she's stepping it up a notch:
Andes Mint Brownies
(Sooooo...let's all become fat together, k?)

My neighbors are lucking out this year by getting a plate full of these cookies.  Not only are they irresistible, but I've been presenting them in some seriously adorable ways.

They look REALLY cute on those candy striped sticks I got...


(ok, maybe the cookie itself doesn't look cute.  Add some cellophane wrap and a bow to camoflauge the poop on a stick look.)


I also made a cute tag so my neighbors know what the cookies are...



This is where the "Fun with Fonts" comes into play.  An awesome website called www.dafont.com has a gazillion different fonts to download...FOR FREE!  I have spent hours upon hours a reasonable amount of time perusing the different fonts and have downloaded quite a few.  I'm not afraid to admit that fun fonts make my heart leap with joy.  Give me fonts, scrapbook paper and stickers and I'm your friend for life.

For this particular tag, I used the following fonts:

The swirls came from Nymphette
Homemade and Cookies are from Jenna Sue
Andes Chocolate Mint from FFF-tusj



A BIG GINORMOUS thanks to my friend Jen for this stupendous recipe!




No comments: