Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Randomness :: new glasses, basketball, Stokke, working out, cookies, and so on.



I've got nothing exciting to report around here.  So I thought I'd do a post on our everyday randomness.  Who doesn't love random?


I got new glasses.  I'm pretty excited about them because they're Tiffany.  So fun!




We purchased our 3rd Stokke Tripp Trapp chair for Desmond.  Now all 3 boys sit in their "big boy" chairs at the table.  These chairs are the best and they have the best customer service.  A part was broken out of the box...

OH NO!...



 ...and Stokke replaced it immediately.  I love companies with great customer service who stand behind their products.



We've had another very mild January, so the boys were able to play basketball outside the other day...



This guys was OBSESSED with the ball...



Has anybody started working out since the new year?  Not me.  But I need to.  Have I mentioned how much I HATE to work out?  Loathe it.  But I absolutely HAVE to start doing it to help with my mental health issues and my migraines.

I'm so excited to get started!



Ok that's a lie.  I'm totally dreading it.



Here's an actual text conversation I had with my friend who works at the local gym:

It started with me asking her about prices, etc.  She invited me to a free class...

Me:  Cool thanks.  Ugh...a class?  With like other people?  Where I have to keep up with everyone?  Isn't there a private room with slow paced elipticals hooked up to emergency oxygen tanks I could use?

Her:  We do have treadmills and ellipticals but I don't think they are hooked up to emergency oxygen tanks, lol.  If you want I'm taking a class with my mom on Weds evening and another on Saturday if you wanna join!  One is cardio dance and the other is kore flex.  Both great classes and fun!

Me:  I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

********

Yeah, so...working out.  Can't wait.


I'd much rather play Mario Kart on the Wii, which I do A LOT of these days.  I've never been a video game person until Jon forced me encouraged me to play one day.  Now I'm hooked.



I also cannot stop making and eating these cookies.  They're the Andes Mint ones I've posted about before.  So, so good.  (Recipe here)


The recipe is from my friend Jen, who just did a post about keeping your fitness goals in 2013.  I'm pretty sure she's obliged to do a post like that since she's fattened up the blogging community with this recipe.


And that's about all the random I've got for now.  How's everybody else doing?  If you just read all that, you should leave me a comment with something random from YOUR life!  It'll be fun.



4 comments:

In Everything said...

Totally there with you about exercising but needing too:) And Loving some homemade cookies;) Guess it's just that Momma-time of life!

But I finally got a pair of tennis shoes... so that was the LAST excuse I had for NOT getting on the treadmill that is 5 feet from my bedroom door;) Yikes... that is bad:)
Cookies anyone??

My2Gs said...

Ok, first off your glasses are totally adorable! Secondly, your hair has gotten so long!!! Beautiful!

Jaime said...

OH girl I LOATHE working out too...seriously...UGH..
Your glasses are adorable...my eyes are perfect but I secretly want to wear glasses...I think they are cute!!

I would totally workout at home if I had an elliptical...I actually LOVE the elliptical..LOL

designHER Momma said...

We actually just got our 2nd tripp trapp last week, although since it's off Craigslist, it has the name "gavin" scratched into the footboard.

Ah well...