Friday, February 15, 2008

Why I want more babies...

...because who wouldn't want their belly this size! This is me as we were leaving for the hospital on the day Mylo was born! No, I'm not pregnant right now. (I'm sure of it.) But I certainly wish I was. I have wanted to get pregnant again since Mylo was about 2 months old. People think I'm absolutely out of my mind, and maybe they're right. But I just have this deep desire to have another baby...and even more after that! The truth of it is, is that I feel like I'm doing exactly what God made me to do. Have you ever been in a place where everything just feels so right? That is my life now. Even on my bad days, everything is just right. And being a mom is something God has spoken very specifically to me about for many years. I feel called to this, and I LOVE it! I want to raise a family of people who love and serve Jesus. I think that's a pretty high calling! So, if you think about it, maybe just say a quick prayer for us that God will bless us with another baby soon. To be quite honest, I was a bit sad this month knowing I'm not pregnant. I really thought I'd be pregnant again by now. And I know, its all in God's timing, and He know what's just right. I'll trust that.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You know, Kate, I felt "called" to be a mom, too. It was actually very specific, I was sitting in church during worship, praying, and I actually saw myself sitting somewhere surrounded by kids that were mine. It was very powerful and you're right, even on the bad days, it never feels like a mistake! We're pretty sure we're finished, but a couple weeks ago when Robb preached about "there's always room for one more in the kingdom of God", I felt like he was staring right at me and saying there should always be room for one more in our house!! So, hmmm. . .