It starts off with Michael (worship pastor) and Dennis (senior associate pastor). They're friends, and everything is going along just fine...

Until one day, Dennis does something to offend Michael...

Michael, being offended by having his eyes poked by Dennis, goes to Robb (associate pastor) and tells him ALL about it. Robb can't believe what Dennis did, so he's offended now too!...

Dennis goes on about his business, having no idea he even offended Michael in the first place, because Michael never told him! Little does he know, Robb is mad at him too!...

Robb then decides Jake (youth pastor) needs to hear about this too. And Jake is astounded at what a jerk Dennis can be!...

Meanwhile, Michael and Dennis make up!...

...but...Robb and Jake are still offended.

Until one day, Dennis does something to offend Michael...
Michael, being offended by having his eyes poked by Dennis, goes to Robb (associate pastor) and tells him ALL about it. Robb can't believe what Dennis did, so he's offended now too!...
Dennis goes on about his business, having no idea he even offended Michael in the first place, because Michael never told him! Little does he know, Robb is mad at him too!...
Robb then decides Jake (youth pastor) needs to hear about this too. And Jake is astounded at what a jerk Dennis can be!...
Meanwhile, Michael and Dennis make up!...
...but...Robb and Jake are still offended.
I find myself hilariously laughing even as I write this. Yes, its a fantastic lesson and gives us a real practical picture of the damage offenses and gossip can do to relationships. But more than that, could you just die laughing at the faces these guys are making?!?! I was rolling last Sunday at church, and had to get these pictures to put on my blog. Thanks, Robb!
3 comments:
I must say, I've never heard of the "Parable of Dennis" :)
It's a wonderful one, though.
Yay! for your leaders.
Hugs
That's VERY funny! Too bad I missed it while I was wrangling the three and four year olds. . .
That is hysterical. Truth aside and good lesson and all...that is some good entertainment ;-)
Girl, you're Fill-In at my place this morning had me cracking up!! I am so glad my kids are older. It exhausted me just reading it!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment