Saturday, March 1, 2008

Posturing ourselves to receive what God has for us

Does God speak to anyone else through their Thomas the Train toys, or is it just me? A similar theme I've heard in many sermons lately has to do with posturing ourselves to receive what God has for us. This has been pressing on my heart. God keeps reminding me of this toy we have, and how it so simply shows putting something into the correct position to receive what something else has. Do you see it? I lined up the blue car perfectly to receive whatever is going to come out of that black spout. How do we line ourselves up to receive what God desires to pour into us? What does that look like? This is what I'm asking God to reveal to me right now. I want to know what this looks like in my own life. I know what the Bible says about it...prayer, fasting, worship, fellowship, etc. I want to posture myself to receive everything God has for me, and do whatever it takes to allow Him to pour into me. I'd like to hear what you think about this. How do you posture yourself to receive God? What are times where you felt like God was just pouring into you in abundance, and what were you doing in obedience to receive it?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON! You are my best friend and kindred spirit. I am SO thankful God put you in my life 9 years ago. I have so many wonderful memories of you, including you walking me down the aisle at my wedding! I love you SO much and hope you have the best birthday ever!!

2 comments:

Miesse.Net said...

thanks Kate i love you and all the memories too...

AA

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Sweet! Lovely family! He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him - your heart is revealed in your blog, Kate! Thanks for the inspiration!
Maryann
http://agreewithGod.com