
Here's what I got...
(Notice how ECSTATIC I look in that second picture!) Um, I see a BIG difference, don't you?


(Notice how ECSTATIC I look in that second picture!) Um, I see a BIG difference, don't you?


And actually, the second picture isn't even the haircut I got. It was worse. This is the fixed up version, thanks to my glorious, wonderful, talented friend Shelly. Shelly and I used to work at a spa together...she was a hairdresser, I was an esthetician. I called her bright and early this morning explaining I had a hair emergency. I zipped down to her house and we played beauty parlor at her house. She fixed my hair in the kitchen, then I waxed her eyebrows on the couch, all while our kids vied for our attention. Quite a different environment from the spa!
I am miserable about my hair. Now that Shelly fixed it, I don't think it necessarily looks bad, its just 2 inches shorter than I wanted. I DID NOT want it this short!!! I already feel miserable enough with being nauscious and tired, I just wanted to feel pretty. But I feel far from that.
Here's what I've learned from this situation. I need to spend A LOT LESS time naval gazing, and A LOT MORE time on my knees. It's freakin' HAIR. And it grows back. And my attitude about the whole situation is horrific. I have really been struggling with spending time with the Lord, due to the fact that I feel so terrible. My down time is spent napping! I know God has grace, and will meet me right where I'm at. But I just feel like if I were spending time with Him regularly, my attitude would be totally different. I have a lot more to say about this, but I have to go get Mylo's dinner ready! Maybe I'll do a part 2??
I am miserable about my hair. Now that Shelly fixed it, I don't think it necessarily looks bad, its just 2 inches shorter than I wanted. I DID NOT want it this short!!! I already feel miserable enough with being nauscious and tired, I just wanted to feel pretty. But I feel far from that.
Here's what I've learned from this situation. I need to spend A LOT LESS time naval gazing, and A LOT MORE time on my knees. It's freakin' HAIR. And it grows back. And my attitude about the whole situation is horrific. I have really been struggling with spending time with the Lord, due to the fact that I feel so terrible. My down time is spent napping! I know God has grace, and will meet me right where I'm at. But I just feel like if I were spending time with Him regularly, my attitude would be totally different. I have a lot more to say about this, but I have to go get Mylo's dinner ready! Maybe I'll do a part 2??
8 comments:
Thankfully you have such a beautiful face and perfect skin that you can pull it off- not everyone can wear their hair that short and look good.
Kate, I think you look gorgeous!!!! I really do love it!
Your face is very feminine and soft. I love it! Shelly must've worked some magic : )
Naval gazing-ha! I love that and I know what you mean. Don't be so hard on yourself though. Illness will make you think differently and it's hard not to focus on yourself when you feel rotten. I know. I love your hair but you know that I think you have great hair already. Take care and thanks for sharing with me in regards to my dad. It really meant a lot to me. You are a blessing to me.
with how you're feeling right now health wise i dont think you should be critiquing your hair...cuz you look SLAMMIN!!!
i mean. come on!!!
i wish i could look THAT good on a bad hair day! i wish I could look that good on a GOOD hair day!
Wow - stunning! absolutely stunning Kate! Seriously. I know none of us here are fibbin' either.
i realize it's shorter than you wanted...by lots...but you are so fortunate to look so amazing either way!
lets face it.
you're a hot mama!
Kate- you rock the short hair. Seriously. It looks so stylish and trendy on you.
Hey, hottie! You know I"ve been thinking along those same lines lately. . .I kind of feel like my recent awful haircut was "allowed" to teach me the same lessons. That I"m beautiful to the Lord and that's all that matters. Of course, being as visual a person as I am and an artist, learning a lesson certainly didn't make the experience any easier!
Hang in there, you do look really good, probably those hormones surging around make everything seem way worse than it is!
Very few people can pull off such short hair. I think you look adorable!
oh girl u have nothing 2 worry abt! u are stunning and you could rock any hair cut short or long. I actually think its really cute on you!
Havent you seen Americas next top model? a girl who can wear a hair style that short has got to be beautiful!! cause it shows off the face so much. you are super pretty and I think its a cute pixie cut. Dont let it get you down!!
Now come back here and post some pics of you smiling with that hair cut ;-) oh and mylo ! hehe
Post a Comment