As promised, here's the next installation of embarrassing stories by Kate. : ) If you didn't get to read the first one, click here to do so, and prepare to cringe.
This one takes place in December 2006...I was 5 months pregnant. One night I had HORRIBLE heart burn. I was lying in bed, while my husband rummaged through our medicine cabinet looking for something to bring me some relief. All we had was Pepto Bismal, and it just wasn't cuttin' it. It was like 11:00 at night, and our local CVS was already closed. So I decided to tough it out, and we'd make sure we stocked our medicine cabinet the next day. We thumbed through the book from my ob/gyn office that lists all the medications that are safe during pregnancy. I gave my husband the names of everything I assumed had to do with stomachs and heartburn. He went to Wal-Mart the next day, and loaded up on just about everything. And he got the BIG bottles. : ) Love my man. : )
The next week, my stomach was really bothering me one morning before work. I grabbed one of the "Biggie-size" bottles of stomach relief, took a few swigs straight from the bottle, and headed off to my job at 5/3 Bank. A couple of hours into my work day, the grumbling started. Then an urgency. I RAN to the bathroom. I returned to work a short "while" later. Then it hit me again. Off to the bathroom. I came back to the teller line and was telling my co-worker, "Man, I really hope I'm not getting sick"......welp, off to the bathroom again! Let's just say I'm surprised I got paid for that day, since half of it was spent in the bathroom!
Fast forward just a couple of days to Friday. We had plans to go out to dinner with the lady we were co-leading a Bible study with. Las Margaritas....YUM...better take a few swigs of stomach relief before I go and load up on spicy mexican food. At the restaurant, I scarf down some chips and salsa, then we get our meals. I take a few bites.....uh-oh. There's that grumbling. I high-tail it to the bathroom, where I literally spent the next 45 minutes in absolute misery. Poor Jon and Anne...I wonder what they were thinking. I can just imagine Jon..."Kate just hasn't really been feeling well lately..." Ha!
The next morning I was getting ready, and thinking, what could possibly be wrong? Was it the medicine I was taking? I better go look and see what it says...

5 comments:
That is so funny, but so NOT funny all at the same time. You poor thing.
I just have to share a quick embarassing story with you. When this happened I immediately thought about your "Embarrassing Stories" post.
So, I had an eye doctor appointment here in town last week (very small town where everyone knows everyone elses business). When I walked into the exam room the girl said "oh, are you expecting again"? I'm thinking...did she just say what I think she said? My stunned reply was "9 months ago." She then immediately began to back peddle and said "oh, well time really flies doesn't it. I can't believe you've already had him." WHATEVER!!! I immediately went home and vented to my hubby how I really need to start exercising and eating better. My goodness, I can't go around looking like I'm pregnant when it's been 9 months since I had the baby. :(
Ha! You DO have some funny stories to tell. :) Thanks for sharing. Hope you're feeling better.
see you soon,
Brittany
That is so funny! A good memory, nonetheless, though I'm sure you weren't thinking that at the time.
I was thinking the whole time I was reading this that you must have taken MOM. That's what we called it in the nursing home. It's everyone's best friend so we called it MOM. It gets things moving if you need it. Tee hee.
Oh you poor girl-the misery.
Any more installments?
That's so funny! Did you blame Jon for getting the wrong thing? I'm sure he'll read the fine print from now on!
Post a Comment