Oh.my.gosh....can I even tell you? I have THE BEST sister in the world! She came over to my house today and folded 2 loads of baby laundry that had been sitting in the laundry room for days, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, played with the boys, fed the boys lunch, and then cleaned the tornado the boys created before she left. WHAT A BLESSING! I would normally never let someone do that, but I'm really trying to get better at receiving help. I just feel terrible right now, and then once the new baby is here, I know I'm going to need help. So I'm practicing receiving it right now. ; ) I can't even tell you what a HUGE help this was for me. She of course thinks she barely did anything, but for me to not have to do a few chores and have someone entertain Mylo for a couple hours is right up there with going on vacation! So thanks to my wonderful, beautiful sister for being so great!
2 comments:
Wow, Kate- that sounds like something I"ve been know to do for someone on occasion!! :-) I don't know you well enough YET to just barge in like your sis and clean, but if you need anything that you feel comfortable asking for, please don't hesitate! You know I'm a "helper"!!
Your nausea should clear up by about 12-15 weeks- where are you now?
Have you tried eating crackers or dry toast before you get out of bed in the morning? That worked really well for me with Alec (I wa so sick with him, I puked up 11lbs!!)
I had a hysterectomy and bladder repair in December and a repeat bladder repair 12 days later. Let me tell you that my friends and family saved the day. They fed us, did laundry, watched my kids, took me to appts., prayed for me, brought movies and desserts, and sent cards and flowers. It is so good to be able to accept help. I used to not be able to and this time I just let them. Really-what else could I do anyways. :)
Post a Comment