Friday, May 9, 2008

One gorgeous mommy

Well hey there, pretty lady!...



That's right, I am death walking. Well, more like death sitting down. Something I do a lot of lately. I have been so sick. PRAISE GOD, not throwing up. But SO, SO, SO nauseous. It usually starts in the afternoons and progresses throughout the evening. So most days I take a Phenergan to control the nausea, which knocks me out so I'm worthless on top of being worthless. I feel terrible. It's more depressing being so useless than feeling so bad. Oh, and did I mention how PRETTY I look all the time?! Wow, my husband is one lucky man getting to come home to an unshowered lovely lady like myself everyday. Oh, and a messy house and no dinner. Here's what my kitchen looks like on a GOOD day...



Errr...a messy house, ESPECIALLY kitchen really bothers me. But oh well, not much I can do about that!

I was not this sick with Mylo. Good thing I don't have to go to work everyday! I can't even imagine! Hopefully I'll feel better by my second trimester. I've known people to be sick their whole pregnancies...that would be terrible!

I'd love to hear from other moms who were/are sick with their pregnancies. Did you have any tricks to help you make it through?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I feel for you! With my first pregnancy, I was sick 24/7 and eventually diagnosed with hypermesis gravidium. I ended up losing quite a bit of weight, constantly being hospitalized for dehydration, and vomited about 10 times per day. It was miserable! Zofran did help, somewhat. It lasted throughout the entire pregnancy. I have no coping skills. It was just a matter of getting thru each day.

This time, luckily, I have just felt queasy in the mornings. So so tolerable. I feel incredibly blessed. I was prepared for the worst.

Have you tried sour candy- like Jolly Ranchers or Preggo Pops? I have heard that helps some women.

Hang in there! I hope it gets better. And the house can always wait.

Homegrown Tribe said...

Oh, i'm so sorry to hear. I haven't had any bad sickness with any of my pregnancies... this one was the worst but it was nothing compared to what some women go through. I hope you feel better soon.

Brittany

Rachel Marie said...

You poor thing! Wish I could help out and bring a meal over! One of my friends swears by ginger gum. I never tried it but she said it really takes the edge off the nausea.