Monday, June 30, 2008

Blah, blah, blog...

Nothing too exciting to blog about today. Last week and this past weekend really wore me down. It's a good day if I just have a headache...I've been getting migraines about every 3 to 4 days. My pregnancy with Mylo I had really bad sciatica. That's now starting again. Mylo has some teeth that have been threatening to pop through for a week now, and he is NOT happy about that. Downright crabby. My stress levels are so high right now with the combination of migraines, back/hip pain, fussy toddler, etc....I just about lost it by Friday. I did get some time to myself, which helped, but just not quite enough! My mom and I spent the day together on Friday. We were supposed to go to the pool, but of course the weather didn't cooperate, so we just ran a bunch of errands instead. Man, it is so much easier to run errands with out having someone to take in and out of a carseat!

Saturday night I went out with about 12 girls to celebrate some birthdays. That was really fun, but I of course had a migraine and had to drug myself up before heading out. Nothing was stopping me from a girls night out! I needed it!



Had to get a picture of Jules and I since we practically had matching dresses. : ) I love her...isn't she gorgeous?! Yes, I still strongly dislike my hair, especially in this picture. And I look terrible because I had taken 2 Lortab and was a little "glazed over". ; ) I had a difficult time really engaging in conversations, which was a bummer for me because there were some ladies there I didn't know very well. Then we went to my friend Elizabeth's house to her sweet movie theater her husband built in her basement! They even have leather movie theater chairs that recline. I was in heaven. And we watched 27 Dresses which was super cute!

Changing the subject, I decided to finally clean my toilets today. I'm pretty sure there were aliens growing in at least two of them. Here's my downstairs bathroom before and after...



Much better! And I got one of those Lysol flushy-cleany things in hopes that the aliens won't come back any time soon.

And check out this fine piece of wardrobe!...



I mean, sexy or what?! This is my oh-so-lovely back support thingy. I really need to be wearing it more because it does help a little bit with the back pain.

So...I'm done whining about my woes. I am doing things about all my problems though, I promise. I started going to the chiropractor about 3 weeks ago to try and stay on top of things with my back and hips. I am going to see a neurologist in a couple of weeks about my migraines. I'm also looking into doing food allergy testing to see if there are any particular foods causing the migraines. So, don't worry, I'll keep you posted...I know you're all on the edge of your seats wanting to hear about it. Ha! : )


9 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

Hair... glazed... whatever... you look adorable! :) Glad you had a fun night out.

Sorry you're still not feeling well... it WILL get better.

glad I gave that belt back. :) I couldn't use it now anyway... those things are hard to sit with on.

brittany

mommy to six J's said...

Hi we have simialr lives I have a 11 month old daughter who will be one in July I am also pregnant and expecting blessing six in December. My back is also in a lot of pain it kills most of the time. hope your headaches and back feel better Char

My2Gs said...

I remember very vividly how exhausting and stressful it was to deal with Grace when I was preggo with Gauge...especially during those tantrum/wrestle them like an alligator moments. Did I mention that I had to have an MRI last week because of my migraines? That was NOT a fun experience!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

Mrs. G said...

Maybe those allergy tests will help. About a year and a half ago we discovered that my almost-husband had an allergy to those crazy energy drinks that was giving him terrible migraines. He hasn't had any trouble since he stopped drinking them.

Shelly said...

You do look cute! Your hair is growing out quite nicely. . .
Glad you had fun! I loved 27 Dresses, also.

Unknown said...

for someone who is dealing with SO much right now - you sure do manage to stay looking quite stunning! how do you do it!?!?!

Jamie said...

I haven't been to your blog in awhile...I left mine and started a new Wordpress site.

http://capturingalife.wordpress.com/

So sorry your struggling with bad migraines. My mom used to really suffer from awful ones and I remember how disabling they could be. Hope this passes.

Maggie said...

Hang in there, Kate! I have migraines too and I know there is nothing worse. Take care of yourself!

Rachel Marie said...

I have sciatica too and the only thing that helps me is REGULAR walking. That probably sounds weird because sometimes being on my feel all day kills me, BUT getting on the treadmill about 5 days a week does wonders! I tried the chiropractic route but it was soooo expensive!