...I'm really surprised I didn't this time around! The other night I went to get the milk out of the fridge and dropped the full gallon onto the floor. Of course the plastic container split open and about a quarter of it went all over my kitchen floor. Mylo, who was extremely cranky, wanted to be near me as I attempted to clean it up. I did my best to keep him away, but he slipped on the milk and fell, which turned his crankiness into a scream-fest. (It wasn't even a bad fall...he was being dramatic.) I got the milk soaked up with every kitchen towel I own, got Mylo to bed, and came back down to mop the floor. (And of course this happens on a night that Jon's not home!) THAT, my friends, was stressful.That got me thinking about parenthood. Don't we as moms experience so many of those extremely frustrating, stressful moments? I have had too many to count! But I've also experience THE MOST joyful, fun, exciting moments I've EVER had since becoming a mommy. It's like you can't have one without the other? In order to experience all the wonderful and amazing things, you HAVE to take on the bad too. I think it's SO worth it, don't you?
I can't even put into words how amazing and FULL my life feels now that I'm a mom. It has drawn me closer to God in ways I wasn't even expecting. I have had so many intimate moments with Him over these last 14 months because I have had to cling to Him for dear life! I have gotten to team up with my husband in a very special way that has shown me I definitely chose the right person to spend my life with! And I have gotten to experience a true miracle by having a baby grow inside me, give birth, watch him grow, smile, crawl, walk, play, talk, snuggle, and become the little person God created him to be! There are absolutely no words to describe how amazing, wonderful, joyful, fun and exciting that is! You just have to experience it for yourself to know!
So if I get all that, in exchange for having to change major blow-out diapers, clean spilled milk, have sleepless nights, deal with scream-fests, etc....I'LL TAKE THE DEAL!
7 comments:
ahhhhh! What a precious tribute to motherhood... and a great visual of what life is like as a mom too! Its great to get perspective like that and remind you of whats important, especially in stressful times.
Kate, one of my good friends told me about your blog and I have been reading it for a few months. I LOVE the way you can describe exactly what I think and feel about motherhood. I have a 10 month old little boy, and I love him to pieces, but I definitely get stressed and overwhelmed on a regular basis. But like you, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for your honesty and the truth that you bring through your blog (not to mention the laughter--you crack me up!). Take care!
~Maggie
ditto! i need those reminders way too often. it's 1am but i'm gonna go upstairs and smother my kids with kisses cause they were all giving me a hard time tonight, but its worth it. I'd rather have annoying bedtimes than none at all : )
I understand completely. Gauge woke up at Midnight on Wednesday screaming, puking and with a high fever. We took him the next morning to the dr. and he has a double ear infection. So I'll take those moment for all the wonderful moments filled with hugs, kisses, and giggles :)
~ Lacie
Thanks, Kate- I am feeling kind of not that great towards my three right now. . .I haven't had any of those warm fuzzy moments this week with them, but I know they're coming!
So true! It's the most life changing blessing in the world.
brittany
This is beautifully said. It's definately a hard thing being a mom but well worth it.
You are so funny about thinking that I alreayd cleaned up my house before I took those pics. I am a little obsessibe about messes and most days my house is no where near how I would have it. Before I had kids I did house cleaning every day. Vacuuming, toilets, dishes, etc. it was done daily. These days I just have to let a little of that slide and it's very hard for me. Hope you have a great week and win that sling!
Post a Comment