Thursday, July 10, 2008

My health update

I'm smiling because.......I'VE BEEN FEELING PRETTY GOOD! The last week and a half has been not-so-bad! I'm pretty excited about it! I didn't have a migraine up until yesterday afternoon. And it was MUCH more tolerable than they've been - the pain wasn't as intense and it only lasted about 12 hours instead of 24+ hours.

Now I DID bump up my Zoloft dosage exactly a week and a half ago. My anxiety had gotten a little out of hand again, so my doctor recommended I bump it up. Who WOULDN'T have serious anxiety if you're having SEVERE migraines every 3 or 4 days AND taking care of a 1 year old!!!??

I went to the neurologist today, and he said that the increase in Zoloft has most likely helped the migraines. He also gave me a prescription for Zofran to take with Tylenol when I get a migraine. So we'll see how that works out! That makes me feel better than popping so many narcotics. :) Although I'm convinced taking Zoloft and Vicodin make for laid-back babies. Ha!

I am still going to the chiropractor twice a week, and will soon go down to once a week. I will most likely keep up with this for the duration of my pregnancy to keep my hip pain from turning into horrific sciatica like it did last time around.

So that's that! I know you were all checking my blog every hour to hear about my neurologist appointment, right?!

5 comments:

Drea said...

Praying for you Kate. BTW cute pic. I just love ur hair and your eyes!

I slowed down on my chiro apts since my whole head going numb thing. I still go once a month but no more twice a week... I figure less is more in this dept. I still enjoy going and feel better after my adjustments.

My neuro apt is the 29th btw.

Sarah said...

Glad you're feeling better & hoping it will continue!

I'm also glad I could help out with your Scattergories game the other day :)

Shelly said...

So glad you're feeling better- are your coming to the shower tonight?
:-)

basebell6 said...

just wanted to finally comment after reading your blog since march!!! yes march. actually it was your march 15th blog that got me hooked; we have that in common. except back in 2nd / 3rd grade when it started my dad thought the cure would be embarassment. so he picked times we were around lots of people to embarass me thinking that would help. well i'm 26 now and so he didn't cure me using that method. i'm still embarassed / ashamed about the "issue" and i look up to you for sharing it with the world.



i'm praying that you continue to feel better and that this pregnancy goes well for you.

Lakeville Vertical said...

I was actually wondering about your appt. Glad to see you have a plan and are on top of that sciatica pain. Oof! I know the pain. Not fun. Hope you have a great weekend.