Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pregnancy update

I saw the Grecinator yesterday for a regular check-up. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always fun. It sounds nice and strong. Everything is progressing normally! Of course, Dr. Greco is very concerned about my migraines, but said she really likes the neurologist I chose. She said now is the peak time to get headaches and migraines if you get them, and that hopefully time will be on my side. Phew...let's hope!

Here is a recent shot of the ever-growing belly...



(And in case you're wondering...yes, I AM always in my jammies.)

The best part about having sciatica during pregnancy is that Dr. Greco writes me a prescription for a disability parking pass. And YES, I ABSOLUTELY take advantage! It's only temporary, and probably the most wonderful thing EVER. She wrote that out yesterday, and I promptly went to the BMV and picked mine up. I am officially THE PERSON you want to ride with for the next 6 months. : )

We find out the end of this month what the sex is! I CANNOT wait! That's my favorite part about being pregnant.

7 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

Oh my goodness... you haven't gotten any bigger in the last few weeks. i do that... I pop and then nothing for a little bit and then BOOM. I'm so excited to find out what you're having. :)

and hey... I don't even have a handicap tag! :)

brittany

Shelly said...

Wow! a handicap tag! Hmmm, wish I'd thought of that with my hip pain. . . Lucky you! Your little belly is so cute! :-)

Lakeville Vertical said...

Your belly is so cute!
I had migraines and sciatica especially with my youngest. Saw my chiro every week and some young physical therapist got to rub my behind. Lovely. It did feel better though. I had the same pain since his birth with my monthly joy of womanhood until my hysterectomy. Nothing since. I definately think it's hormonal. Hoping yours is feeling better soon. Are you seeing anyone for it?

My2Gs said...

There are a select few stores that have "stork parking" for preggo moms and sure as heck took advantage of those!! Handi would have been even better ;)
~ Lacie

Drea said...

awe how adorable is your lil baby bump! so cute.
hey do you have a bellaband? they are so wonderful. i loved having one while pregnant w/ taite.

Mrs. G said...

I love the idea from your last post. I keep a notebook where I try to write 5 things to be thankful for / happy about each day. It's hard to keep up with sometimes but I find that when I think about all of the good things in life I don't complain so much!

My2Gs said...

Hey Kate,
Your question about the water park in my pictures....it's called Ballandrae Park in Dublin...best of all..it's free! Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
~ Lacie