Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm cool again!

Ok people. Let's talk. Let me just tell you that I have gotten my cool back! First off, remember this?



You can tell by the look on my face how thrilled I was about that haircut. That was 3 1/2 months ago. I've been growing it out ever since. I hadn't touched it at all, and yes, it got extremely crazy. Let's just say I was seriously sportin' a mullet.

Now let's talk about my glorious, wonderful, creative and talented friend Shelly. Today we played beauty shop. I sat in her kitchen and told her my problems while she cut my hair. Then she laid on the couch (while I kept blabbing about my problems) and waxed her eyebrows.

I went there looking like this...


And left looking like this...


Told ya she was good!

Yay! I feel cute and sassy and fun and more like myself! No more mullet! Shelly, you've made me cool again! (Because I have just always been the epitome of cool....HA!)

5 comments:

An anything but quiet life... said...

Love your new hair!!! Very cute!!!

Mercy Filled Mama said...

Kate~
Thats beautiful!!! WOW~ I wish Shelly lived closer and she could do something so cute with my hair too! I can tell by your smile in that picture how happy it makes you. Awesome! :)

Shelly said...

Kate, you're adorable as usual! Glad you like it, now if I could only find my own "Shelly" to fix my hair! *sigh*
Oh, and my brows are fantastic, just like "well applied makeup", to quote myself! :-)

Lakeville Vertical said...

I need a Shelly too! I used to have one but she's so busy with a son with autism that my beauty needs just aren't at the top of her to do list. I was telling hubby that it's hard to find someone to care for your locks. It's a special relationship. I love what Shelly did with your hair. It's adorable. :)

Mavis said...

oh my, you make me want to run out this instant and cut off all my hair.