So I am well on my way to having the new nursery set up. When we bought all of Mylo's SUPER nice brand new furniture and bedding/decor from Pottery Barn Kids, I didn't think about the fact that I might have TWO kids in cribs! So I've had to buy another set of furniture and bedding for this little guy. And yes, I've either got it in my possession now, or I've ordered it. BUT...we were MUCH more frugal this time!
Here are some pics of what we've got...of course, I'm very proud since we got some sweet deals. :) We found the furniture on Craigslist.
The crib...

The changing table with nice, lined baskets...

The glider and ottoman, which is in our basement for now...

The changing table with nice, lined baskets...
The glider and ottoman, which is in our basement for now...
It's Pottery Barn Kids furniture...looks barely used...we got it for $300! Yay!
Here's the bedding I ordered from Target...

Super cute, huh? Can't wait to set it all up!
And of course I cleaned out Mylo's room, got all the newborn stuff out and organized it. Most of it I put in the baskets, some I hung up...


Super cute, huh? Can't wait to set it all up!
And of course I cleaned out Mylo's room, got all the newborn stuff out and organized it. Most of it I put in the baskets, some I hung up...
So, yes, I know I'm only 6 months pregnant and have plenty of time to do this, but I just felt really motivated over the weekend. And I had been keeping an eye on Craigslist for furniture, and just couldn't pass that deal up. Plus my mom will make a dust ruffle, and I will make the curtains for the room, so I needed the bedding to get the exact colors. :) Good excuse, huh? :) Oh, and I ordered the mattress and mattress pad last night from Wal-Mart...super good deal on a Serta mattress. Because I can't have all that cute bedding and not be able to actually set it up, right?!
I'm headed to the doctor today for a regular checkup and, oh boy, I get to drink this before I go!
I'm headed to the doctor today for a regular checkup and, oh boy, I get to drink this before I go!
6 comments:
Might as well take advantage of having all that energy while you've got it!
Hello...my name is Lyndsay I got your blog from the 4 Little Men blog. This post describes me to a tee as well. I'm super prepared and love to find great deals. My son Owen is 19 months old and my newborn son Jack is almost 3 months so our kids are almost the same ages. I also wasn't expecting to have two kids using cribs so I found Jack's crib on Craigslist too. Too funny!
I don't think it's too early to prepare. You'll be so happy you took care of things now and not when you are tired towards the end. The stuff you have found is super cute. It must be fun to be putting a new room together. I miss those days. Enjoy! :)
Cute furniture, good job on the deal. ick that drink stuff always made me want to barf!! never had orange. i always got clear... tasted like disturbingly gross sprite.
Call me crazy but I likey likey the orange fuzzy drink!
I don't drink sugaries, but I still like it ; )
Yeah, I'm with McSarah on that one. I never thought it was too bad! :-)
Post a Comment