Thursday, October 16, 2008

Farewell for now

Farewell for now my beautiful one carat sparkley friend...

You have been a wonderful addition to my hand since the day you were given to me on July 19, 2003. But you are a size 4 1/2, and you have recently been suffocating my pudgy, pregnant finger...just like last time. I still love you, but I'm thinking we need a little break.

Hello to my other friend...

Ahh, yes. My pregnancy ring. You are so pink and gaudy and fabulous. I love our short time together as you attempt to make my pudgy hands look feminine. You've seen me through some pretty rough times. But your pretty-in-pinkness makes me smile, and you are just the right size to get me through these last couple of months. Welcome back.

I think I made up the whole idea of a "pregnancy ring", but isn't it one of the most fabulous ideas ever? So many women can't fit into their rings at the end of their pregnancies...so why don't jewelry stores market this?! If I wasn't such a penny-pincher, I'd be going for another ring...I deserve a special prize for every child I carry, don't you think?! :)

5 comments:

My2Gs said...

That's great :) I think you may have a new niche business on your hands (no pun intended) LOL

In Everything said...

there's also some thing called "stretch rings" anyway, my mother-in-law got me looking and there are some pretty rings...

Shelly said...

Hey- great idea! I had to ditch my rings with all my babies towards the end and I wandered around feeling unwed and knocked-up! LOL!

Lakeville Vertical said...

I never had to take my rings off but it got a little iffy at the end of number 3. Not long and you'll be back to you again with a little baby boy. How fun!!

McSarah said...

Pudgey?? Whatever!!! Delicate and slender...yes : )