Monday, October 6, 2008

The weapon of worship

Oh boy do I loooooovvve to worship. It's my most favorite way to connect with God. I feel like when I'm worshiping I'm ushered directly into the throne room to sit at Jesus' feet and tell Him how much I love Him.

This past weekend at church, one of our pastors Dennis Stranges gave a phenomenal sermon on worship. He gave some fresh perspectives that I just hadn't really considered before. You can listen to the podcast of his sermon by going here...

Dennis' Weapon of Worship sermon


One of the things he said was very profound to me. This idea comes from him studying and meditating on a verse in Isaiah 30:32...

"Every stroke the Lord lays on them with his punishing rod will be to the music of tambourines and harps, as he fights them in battle with the blows of his arm."

Dennis puts it in a simpler way by saying, "With every beat of worship, the Lord is laying His rod on the enemy!" I love it! So basically, when we worship, it gives the Lord opportunity to give the enemy a good beat-down!

I am going to spend some time praying and meditating on that one. I always think of worship as a way to glorify God, connect with Him, adore Him, etc. In conjunction with all of those things, the Lord is bonkin' satan on the head with his strong arm! Ha!

I also want to link you to this awesome video. It's a song we just started doing and it is SO powerful and worshipful. I just love it. So connect to it, and take some time to worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Revelation Song

3 comments:

My2Gs said...

I love that song! I just sent the link to my Associate Pastor/Worship Leader :)

Mercy Filled Mama said...

What an awesome praise and worship song! Thanks so much for sharing.
I tried to click on the link for the sermon, but wasnt able to actually load the "Weapon of Worship" one, but thanks again so much!
I definitely needed a lift in my spirit today and God sent it through that song.

Lakeville Vertical said...

I just started a bible study (I'm leading-oh boy) from Linda Dillow. It's called Satisfy my Thirsty Soul. It's all about intimacy with God through worship. You should check it out. It's proving to be a great study. By the way. If I was closer. I'd love to help keep that little slice of heaven in there longer. Wish I could help. Is you UTI still there? Hoping it stays far away. Hang in there. Not long before he'll be here. :)