
I left the house today! I was in some desperate need of fresh air and sunshine. I ran some QUICK errands...in and out.
One of the stores I zipped into was Bath and Body Works to buy a Christmas candle I really like. I went in, grabbed my candle, and headed to the checkout counter. Of course the sales lady wanted to make sure I had a chance to check out their aromatherapy line. I kindly explained to her I was on bedrest, really shouldn't be out anyhow, and I needed to just get in and out. She was very accommodating, taking me straight up front and opened a register just to check me out...but not without grabbing their aromatherapy "sleep" scent for me to smell!
As she was checking me out, she gave me the whole schpeel about that scent. She said, "I'm not sure if this is your first baby or not, but a lot of moms like this product to spray over the crib and on their pillow to help both mom and baby sleep."
Ummmmm...
How I WISH you could buy extra sleep in a bottle for when your newborn arrives! I would literally BUY OUT the store! If only that spray would trick a baby into sleeping through the night immediately with out needing to be fed every 2-3 hours, changed, snuggled, re-tucked, etc. And if it could only trick my brain into relaxing and not being completely anxious and freaked out.
I didn't mention to her that I've been through this all before, and I'm pretty sure the lovely scent of lavender and chamomile won't make a difference. :)
I didn't mention to her that I've been through this all before, and I'm pretty sure the lovely scent of lavender and chamomile won't make a difference. :)
2 comments:
maybe they spike it with a little "ether" and that's what makes theirs work : )
So... did you get it? Maybe it wont hurt to at least try it, huh? even if only for yourself to use these last few weeks of getting-up-every-hour-to-pee-sleepless-nights! Let me know if it works though... so I can beat you to my local B&BW store to buy that one out! haha!
Congrats on getting out. I was on bedrest too and know how draining that can leave you emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Love & Prayers!
Post a Comment