Monday, December 1, 2008

Introducing...

Phinean Jude
7 lbs. 5 oz.
19 1/2 inches
December 1st 2008
2:40 pm




Gettin' some kisses from Daddy...


Mommy SO thrilled he's here. (And SUPER thrilled to NOT be pregnant anymore!)...


Everything went GREAT! I did, however, have prodromal labor...strong contractions started Saturday afternoon and continued every 7 to 15 minutes through this morning. (no, I have not slept in days.) We did have one trip to the hospital Saturday night, but it wasn't the real thing. I called my doctor 1st thing this morning and said either I needed to have this baby TODAY, or they needed to do something to stop these contractions! I went into the office, and turns out I WAS in ACTUAL labor, and dilated at 5 cm. We headed to the hospital, arrived at 11:30 am. It was QUICK, QUICK QUICK, because 3 hours later Phinny was born! (I dilated from a 7 to a 10 in 10 minutes!)

I feel fantastic, and we're just enjoying our time as a family here in the hospital! I am looking forward to getting some sleep tonight...praise the Lord for the nursery!


13 comments:

Ashlie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! he is quite handsome :)

Drea said...

you look beautiful and she is just gorj!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Many blessings to all of you!

Homegrown Tribe said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so excited for your guys. So glad it all went well... he is adorable! Can't wait to see you both. :)

britt

In Everything said...

Yay!! Glad he's finally here.. those few preggo days are HARD... oh ok the last MONTH!!

What a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you had the baby. Enjoy every second with him!

Vanessa D

www.goodtimesdelgadostyle.blogspot.com

My2Gs said...

Congratulations Kate!! I was so excited for you when I saw this post. He is simply adorable and Mylo is going to be such a great big brother :)
~ Lacie

Rachel Marie said...

Congratulations!! What a sweetie! Hope the next few weeks are a precious time for you and your boys getting to know eachother :)

Debbi said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby boys (and new mommy!). Enjoy the next few days of memorizing every little feature on your new miracle.

Shelly said...

Ooooh! Yay! No more huge, owie belly! Congrats...let us know when to start the meals comin', 'cause you know we're so good at group cooking! :-)

Mercy Filled Mama said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you and your family. Phin is just as cute as can be... he seems to look a lot like Mylo's picture as a baby that you have on your sideboard. You look BEAUTIFUL, girl! You make it look so easy! Enjoy these days and get all the rest you can. I hope Mylo is loving his new little brother! What a fun Christmas this will be!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog... congratulations! What a sweet, sweet family. :)

Jaime said...

Congratulations Kate....He is adorable...and you look great. I love his name.