Thursday, February 26, 2009

CrankyMcFusslePants...

...is that even a word??

It IS around here.

CrankyMcFusslePants #1...




CrankyMcFusslePants #2...



We've been having some rough times around here. I kind of feel like my head is detached from my shoulders. During the day, I've been dealing with a cranky almost 2 year old. He's still not talking, so he just WHINES and points, then throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. There's only so much whining one can take before feeling a wee bit insane!

Then there's my precious little Phinny, who last week wanted to eat throughout the night every hour and a half. Once THAT stopped, and he went back to about every 3 hours, he then wouldn't go back to sleep. But he'd wait until RIGHT when I laid back down in bed to start crying. So back to his room I go, calm him down, get back in bed....wait for it....there it is...crying. Back up, repeat, etc. until he's finally out. So now I'm back in my cozy bed....for now.

So. Sleep. Deprived.

I try to take naps during the day, but the boys haven't been cooperating with THAT either. Somebody starts crying JUST as I feel like I MIGHT fall asleep.

So. Sleep. Deprived.

I KNOW things will get better, but MAN...its HARD when you're IN IT, right?!




6 comments:

In Everything said...

ohhh... I'll be praying for some sleep for you!!

It is challenging when they are young and close:) We've been there and remember when at night I had the baby and my husband was up with the toddler!!

I've got a video somewhere with all THREE kids crying at the same time!! Two were in time-out and one was hungry... and me at my wits-end pulls out the camera, so I could LAUGH at it MUCH later in life:)


right now it's all about survival and self-less service!!

Diana said...

Oh, that sounds like a mirror image of my life the last several days! Craig came home to me crying last night because the day was such a wash. I e-mail you and told you how well Lexi was sleeping and now she isn't doing well at all either. My house is a disaster zone because I haven't finished anything I start because one girl is always crying. I will be praying for you!

Lyndsay said...

Oh man do I know what you're going through right now. My heart goes out to you. We are just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. Owen is 2 and is really starting to talk now...Thank GOD! I think whining is on the top of my list of things I really detest! He is now telling us more and more what he wants. Plus we figured out that most of the time if he whines it's because he's hungry. It only took us weeks to figure it out. That and he was taking naps in his bedroom with his younger brother so that resulted in his afternoon nap being only 45 mins sometimes. He's now sleeping in the spare bedroom for almost 4 hours everyday. PRAISE THE LORD!!! Jack is almost 9 months and is sleeping through the night and napping way better now. We did the BabyWise Method with Owen and the Ferber method with Jack. It was so tough though I'm glad we're through it. Here's hoping that Daddy will come home and let you have the night off (what is that) so you can rest!

Homegrown Tribe said...

It DOES get better... and then that's when I normally have another baby or 2. :)

IT was good to see you yesterday. And we still need to get together and let the littles play while we chat. :)

britt

Chelsea Newton said...

Wow your a dedicated blogger! I'm impressed that even in your sleep deprived state you still wrote! I'll be praying for you :)

Shelly said...

Dude, that's when I throw the baby in the bed with me, whip out the nipple and give up! We did that with Ava and I wish we had with all of them. It was soooo much easier and I loved having sleep even though I had a newborn! Hang in there, it really does get better! :-)