Monday, March 2, 2009

Wonderful Weekend



I had a wonderful weekend. How was yours?

It started off with Saturday morning snuggles in my bed with all of my boys. Nothin' better than starting off your day snuggling the people you love most!

Then I made us a really fabulous breakfast consisting of blueberry pancakes, bacon and eggs. Yummo!

Then I got a 3 hour nap! That's about as good as life gets for a sleep deprived mommy!

Then I went back to doing worship at church Saturday evening, and Sunday morning. Oh how I MISSED leading worship! It had been since September! Jon did a great job taking care of the boys while I was at church for 3 hrs on Saturday and 4 1/2 hrs on Sunday. It did take some planning ahead with pumping and getting bottles ready though, since Phin is breastfed.

Then Jon and I went on a DATE Sunday evening! My in-laws came over to watch the boys so we could go out. We went to Brio for dinner with a gift card Jon's aunt and uncle gave us for Christmas. Dinner was delicious and it was nice getting to talk to Jon uninterrupted! Then our church had a free showing of the movie Fireproof. If you have not seen this move, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST! It is SO good! Jon and I both really loved it.

This movie was a good reminder for me that I have a REALLY wonderful husband! He is so generous, thoughtful and loving...I am REALLY lucky! This season of our life is a difficult one with two small children, and its hard to remember to "save some of myself" for Jon. But my marriage is the most important thing in my life...and I'm extremely lucky to have such a blessed one. My husband is such a man of God, and he is very easy to love!

Hope everyone else had a BLESSED weekend. What'd you do?

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a nap and some out-of-the-house fun! I was thinking about you today and feeling bad for you with no sleep!

Rachel Marie said...

Sounds great- any day with blueberry pancakes AND a nap would rate high for me :) We saw FIREPROOF last weekend too- loved it!