In case you didn't know, Jesus is the Lord of our lives in this family. :) We are committed to raising our boys to know Jesus, and hope one day they will make the choice for themselves to follow Him.
At our church, parents are given the opportunity to dedicate their children. It is committing yourselves as parents to do the following:
At our church, parents are given the opportunity to dedicate their children. It is committing yourselves as parents to do the following:
- Raise your children in the ways of the Lord according to the Word of God
- Raise your children in the church; modeling for them a life of Christian community
- Maintain marital unity
- Model for them repentance and forgiveness
- Raise your children in the church; modeling for them a life of Christian community
- Maintain marital unity
- Model for them repentance and forgiveness
We are committed to these things and more WHOLEHEARTEDLY!
We had the pleasure of dedicating Mylo in October of 2007. Then just this past Sunday, we dedicated Phinean. These are SUCH special days to me...I had the same anticipation in my heart for them as I did my wedding day. I have looked forward to their dedications since I was pregnant with them!
I can't believe God's abundant grace in giving me my heart's DEEPEST desire...children. He has spoken VERY CLEARLY to me about raising up a generation of people who love Him. I consider it the highest calling in my life, and it is my TOP priority to create a loving, stable home where Jesus is the center.
My mom took some really great pictures of us up front getting prayer for our family and Phinean...


It was a special day indeed, and I can't wait to see God's plan for our family unfold over the years as we walk with Him!
Hannah dedicated Samuel to the Lord. "I prayed for this child and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27
We had the pleasure of dedicating Mylo in October of 2007. Then just this past Sunday, we dedicated Phinean. These are SUCH special days to me...I had the same anticipation in my heart for them as I did my wedding day. I have looked forward to their dedications since I was pregnant with them!
I can't believe God's abundant grace in giving me my heart's DEEPEST desire...children. He has spoken VERY CLEARLY to me about raising up a generation of people who love Him. I consider it the highest calling in my life, and it is my TOP priority to create a loving, stable home where Jesus is the center.
My mom took some really great pictures of us up front getting prayer for our family and Phinean...


It was a special day indeed, and I can't wait to see God's plan for our family unfold over the years as we walk with Him!
Hannah dedicated Samuel to the Lord. "I prayed for this child and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27

6 comments:
that was beautiful!
britt
We dedicated both of our kids too :)
what a blessing, both son and mama. :)
I loved our kids dedication days, too!
Very, very special. Loved the pics of you all being prayed over! What blessed boys you have!
awe...
so sweet.
BTW your hair is looking cute!! are you growing it out?
Post a Comment