...because this is freakin' UGLY!

And what's that black thing?
Hmmm...is that a...
stitch?
Yes, my friends, it is.
"Now why on earth do you have a stitch in your tattoo, Kate?" you may be asking.
Well, because the healing process has not gone so well, and my dermatologist advised I have the thing BIOPSIED!
Swell, I know.
About 1/4 of the tattoo has keloided pretty badly. The doctor I guess wants to make sure nothing more serious is going on. So I went today to have it biopsied. I saw the office's SUPER CUTE physician's assistant, Heidi. (she was so adorable...one of those people you have a difficult time NOT staring at.) Anyhow...she seemed much more optimistic about it, which made me feel better. Most likely its just a severe reaction to the ink, or hypersensitivity, I think? Can't really remember...too busy admiring Heidi's cuteness. :) Oh, and she confirmed...mercury is not used in tattoo ink anymore.
So I should get the results either Friday or Monday. Just my luck my MIL works there, so I'm sure she'll have an eagle eye out for the results. :)
So...this is going to be one gnarly tattoo! I'm not too concerned though...like I said, I'm not super vain. I'm more concerned about my health! Obviously I WANT it to look cool, and maybe, oh just maybe one day it will.
I'll keep you updated! I know you're all on the edge of your seats about this!
(And by the way, I know the picture makes it look like the star is all crooked, but its really not. Its just the angle the picture was taken at because it goes onto the side of my wrist.)

And what's that black thing?
Hmmm...is that a...
stitch?
Yes, my friends, it is.
"Now why on earth do you have a stitch in your tattoo, Kate?" you may be asking.
Well, because the healing process has not gone so well, and my dermatologist advised I have the thing BIOPSIED!
Swell, I know.
About 1/4 of the tattoo has keloided pretty badly. The doctor I guess wants to make sure nothing more serious is going on. So I went today to have it biopsied. I saw the office's SUPER CUTE physician's assistant, Heidi. (she was so adorable...one of those people you have a difficult time NOT staring at.) Anyhow...she seemed much more optimistic about it, which made me feel better. Most likely its just a severe reaction to the ink, or hypersensitivity, I think? Can't really remember...too busy admiring Heidi's cuteness. :) Oh, and she confirmed...mercury is not used in tattoo ink anymore.
So I should get the results either Friday or Monday. Just my luck my MIL works there, so I'm sure she'll have an eagle eye out for the results. :)
So...this is going to be one gnarly tattoo! I'm not too concerned though...like I said, I'm not super vain. I'm more concerned about my health! Obviously I WANT it to look cool, and maybe, oh just maybe one day it will.
I'll keep you updated! I know you're all on the edge of your seats about this!
(And by the way, I know the picture makes it look like the star is all crooked, but its really not. Its just the angle the picture was taken at because it goes onto the side of my wrist.)
7 comments:
(((Kate))) Oh my goodness you poor thing! You just wanted a rockin red star tattoo and you got this! Do you think it will heal so it looks like you wanted it?
Hope everything comes out okay.
britt
I have a spare arm if you need one?
Your tatoo is still rockin'...even with a stitch and some keloids!! Hope the test comes back with good results:)
Oh my, does it hurt or itch?
This is just unbelievable, really! I hope the tests come back with good news.
YIKES!!! ouch Kate.. poor thing. I did read up on inks before getting inked a few years ago.. and red ink is like the danger ink.. I think tho once it heals up and you are feeling better.. that it will look fine. Even maybe going over it in black would help it out or something like that. It doesnt look bad tho.
Just painful... keep us posted!!
awwww you poor thing. I hope it get better. I get keloid scares too. That's how I scare. I hate it.
Keep us posted.
Post a Comment