Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hittin' the Open Road, Part 2

So I packed up the car with all sorts of snacks, drinks and DIAPERS, put in a book on CD, and we headed up to Toledo Ohio. About 2 1/2 hours later, with just one quick pit-stop for mom since I drank coffee on our way there *ahem*, we arrived at the Toledo Zoo. (I NEEDED that coffee...I couldn't sleep the night before I was SO excited!)

About 10 minutes later in the zoo parking lot I hear a honk, and see two familiar faces waving at me from a minivan. They said the oversized sunglasses are what made them SURE it was me. :)

After many, many, MANY months of following these girls' blogs, making friendships through the internet, I was about to be face to face with people I had never met, but knew so well.

We all packed up our strollers and kids, and alas we were together, hugging eachother as if greeting old friends.

Jaime and Drea. My new BFF's. :)

Here we all are...



Can I even TELL you how exciting it is to meet bloggy-buddies in person?! I was SO thrilled to spend the day with them. I loved getting to talk IN PERSON, watch our kids play together, and just get to see what these people I already ADORE are like in real life!

I SO wish we had more time together, so we could talk more. And kid-free would have been nice too so it would be uninterrupted. :) I just wanted to spend time with my new friends, learn all about them, and just BE around them! But I am VERY thankful for the several hours we DID have.

This is Drea and me...



This girl right here I could just fold up, stick in my pocket and carry her around with me everywhere I go! She is sweet as can be and simply adorable. I have been following her blog for over a year now, so I REALLY feel like I know her, like I've watched her boys grow up, etc. She has become a great bloggy-friend, and I just have a feeling we'll continue a friendship for many years to come.

Drea took a picture of Jamie and I too, but hasn't sent that one to me yet. So when I get it, I'll do a post about how much I adore Jamie too. :)

All of their kids were pure joy to be around...Mylo had a BLAST with them.

Ohhhhhh, how I wish I could meet up with them regularly for lunch, playdates, etc. But Jaime's in Michigan, Drea's in North Carolina, and I'm in Ohio. (read Drea's blog to see why she was in Ohio, btw.) But there's TALK of putting together a big bloggy get together, SUMMER 2010. :) Stay tuned.

Drea and Jaime, I adore you girls, and your kids.

2 comments:

shellycoulter said...

So...I don't know you but somehow started looking at your blog because you are linked from my friend Whitney's blog (Drea is as well). I don't know if Whitney actually knows you guys...but it's still fun to follow your blogs. We're all moms with similar aged babies so that automatically gives us common ground.

Well...I think its fun that you got together with your blog buddies. Looks like you had a good time. :) Just thought I'd say hi from Laramie, Wyoming! :)

Jaime said...

It was great to meet you too Kate. I had a great time. We will have meet again soon!! I did my post too...check it out. I LOVE the photo of me and phinny.