Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Post For My Bestie.

...and I think you know who you are.

This is what Pork Pozole looks like once cooked...



And these are the faces of happy family members while consuming said Pork Pozole.

Despite the look on his face here, Daddy LOVES it, or as you would say LURRRRVES it!...



Mylo lurrrrrves it...



Even baby lurrrves it. (ok, he loves the avocado part of it...I'm not that ghetto in giving my baby tortilla chips and pork.)...



And if you're not convinced yet, just listen up...





And for the rest of you reading this...is your mouth salivating yet?? Mmmmm, it really is OH-SO-GOOD. And yes, I'm HAPPY to share the recipe because I love you. :)

PORK POZOLE

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. boneless pork chops
  • 1 - 15 oz. can yellow hominy (this is found in the aisle with the canned corn)
  • 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can mexican style diced tomatoes
  • 1 - 10 oz. can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • juice of 1 lime
  • tortilla chips, avocado chunks, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:

Combine the hominy, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic and cumin in crock pot. Top with pork, then spoon mixture over pork. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours until pork begins to fall apart and shreds with fork. After shredding pork, add cilantro and lime juice to slow cooker and mix well. Serve with tortilla chips, avocado chunks, sour cream and cheese.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Yummy! We need to try this at our house. Maybe after Bailey has surgery, as it looks like it would be easy swallowing.

Rachel Marie said...

I am totally trying this one- I'm thinking it might be good over rice too??