Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where in the world have I been??

Well...

We started off in Koh Kood Thailand, because I've just always wanted to go.

Here I am walking up to our villa...



Pretty, huh?

Then we took a quick charter flight down to Bali for some much anticipated scuba diving.

Morning fog on our way out to the dive sight...



Awww...look how cute Jon and I are scuba diving together...



Our dive captain, this guy...



...was telling us there had been recent sightings of families of hammerhead sharks just off the coast of the Galapogos Islands.

Jon was in heaven. He's always wanted to go there and is fascinated with hammerhead sharks.

I however didn't necessarily want to do that since I'm not crazy about swimming with sharks.

So we compromised.

My dream spot to visit has always been Machu Picchu Peru. And just look how close it is to the Galapogos Islands!



Our compromise was this...

LET'S DO BOTH!

So I got to see beautiful Machu Picchu...



And Jon got to see his beloved hammerhead sharks...



Did you miss me while I was gone?




Did you believe any of that?

I only WISH my blogging absence was due to an amazing jaunt around the globe, but nay my friends, it was not.

My stupid hard drive crashed. Yep, again. 2nd time in 1 year. Different computer, but still. Luckily its on my HP mini which is still under warranty. But I lost lots of pictures which is upsetting, and also the reason for lack of blogging.

So I really have no interesting stories or pictures to share with you, my beloveds. That's why I had to fabricate something good. I had you going for a minute, didn't I? :) Ahhh...I only daydream about those sorts of vacations.



2 comments:

In Everything said...

ohhhh.. I am soo sorry! Especially about the loss of your pictures!! we have lost Lydia's baby pictures!

I sooo have to backup my pictures soon, so I don't loose them, too!

Shelly said...

LOL! As I was reading this, I was like, "WHAT? Are you joking??" I thought surely I would have heard about THAT through the grapevine!!!